It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
(male)

phranc2002 HB User
I really need to stop!

Can any smokers/ex-smokers maybe offer insight to this 43 year old male pack a day smoker...

Long story short...about a year ago, I started feeling pressure in face and ears. The pressure is constant during awake hours. Thought sinus. Throughout the past year I saw family doctor and 2 ENT's and Dentist for possible TMJ. Family doctor and ENT's say allergies! Dentist says possible TMJ. CT scans of sinus show nothing.

Could it be circulatory? How bad does smoking affect circulation? I do have instances when it feels like legs and arms asleep. Thats not as bothersome. The pressure in my head is whats driving me crazy. no pain just fullness.

So I guess my question is, has any other smoker dealt with this problem and how long til you felt normal again after quitting?

Thanks!

Old 05-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: I really need to stop!

Have you been tested for allergies? I have had allergies all of my life; I quit smoking almost a year and a half ago and I must say, my allergies are not nearly as bad as when I was a smoker. I could truthfully notice a difference after I had quit for a week. I will say I quit cold turkey, so I had withdrawal for a few days. I also quit drinking coffee at the same time, so that first week was sheer hell! But I got through it and so can you! I learned to keep active; I started walking, working out with weights; doing Yoga and Tai Chi. I eat a lot of carrots and drink a ton of water. In fact for that first week, I started carrying a water bottle and when tempted to smoke, I sipped water. I'm sure you've heard this before, but there are no health benefits to smoking! I wish you good luck and good health!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

luvmyfamilyof4 HB User
Re: I really need to stop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phranc2002 View Post
Can any smokers/ex-smokers maybe offer insight to this 43 year old male pack a day smoker...

Long story short...about a year ago, I started feeling pressure in face and ears. The pressure is constant during awake hours. Thought sinus. Throughout the past year I saw family doctor and 2 ENT's and Dentist for possible TMJ. Family doctor and ENT's say allergies! Dentist says possible TMJ. CT scans of sinus show nothing.

Could it be circulatory? How bad does smoking affect circulation? I do have instances when it feels like legs and arms asleep. Thats not as bothersome. The pressure in my head is whats driving me crazy. no pain just fullness.

So I guess my question is, has any other smoker dealt with this problem and how long til you felt normal again after quitting?

Thanks!
When you say pressure do you mean like swelling or actual pressure. I don't smoke anymore. I used to get edema like pressure from poor circulation. By quitting and exercising it's made a world of difference.

I quit when a nurse was visiting my home. She allows patients to try her "conqueror ecig kit" which she said was not sold at stores but can buy in Texas grayson county area or online. you can pay i think around 7 bucks for shipping and try it out. If it helps you, you can purchase the full kit, if it doesn't help you, send it back. It has been a huge blessing! Good luck!

Reply Reply