It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
(male)

skipadee HB User
Changed to e-cig, now lightheaded, dizzy etc.

iv had dizziness now for over 3 years which is undiagnoised and i think its time i quit smoking as it may help my symptoms and also doctors will take me seriously.i decided to get a skycig (e-cig) and slowly cut down untill i can fully stop.these e-cigs only contain nicotine and a water vapour,so it feels like ur gettng smoke in your lungs when its just steam.im not sure why but im soooo dizzy,everytime i have a few puffs on this e cig it makes me even worse,even when i woke up this morning i was all over the place,lightheaded etc.has anyone else had this? people would say "stop useing the e cig then" but i dont want to go back to real ciggerettes,and i carnt quit cold turkey.why would this make me dizzy?more then i was before?. pleasse help

Old 06-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
(male)

ohbaby136 HB User
Re: Changed to e-cig,now lightheaded,dizzy etc

Not one reply in all this time, tells me there still aren't many vapors yet.

Your case is a puzzling one. You actually get more dizzy vaping than smoking?
I been vaping for awhile, and anytime I run out,(battery dead, what have you) I might light up a Camel, and get really dizzy. Almost as if that was my first cig. Don't cough but boy am I dizzy.

I can't see how vaping would get you even more dizzy than cigs.

But then nothing surprises me. I have smoked better than 2 packs a day, for 20 years,... but if someone were to light up a cigar, his secondhand smoke will make me pass out. Pipes too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2012, 01:43 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User

nicotine will make you dizzy, so it sounds like you need to use a lower strength nic juice or dilute yours down (you can use vegetable glycerin to do that) until you find the right strength

Old 08-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

crookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB User

Skipadee, it's called withdrawal and smoking the e-cig just makes it last longer.

To clarify: nicotine releases sugar and fat into your bloodstream, making it so that you have an instant--and provided you continue smoking, steady--supply of energy (it's a stimulant); that's how it acts as an appetite suppressant.

When you cut down or completely cut off nicotine, your body's blood sugar drops a lot throughout the day, making you feel shaky and sick at times, as your body now has to re-learn how to raise your blood sugar (no matter how much you eat, it now takes 20 mins to raise your blood sugar instead of it being instant). It can take awhile for your body to adjust itself, and unfortunately, it cant really adjust and will just continue to go up and down if you continue to dabble in nicotine, as your blood sugar wont be able to get steady.

Last edited by crookedhearts; 08-07-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Reply Reply