It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
(male)

JalapenoSanchez HB User
Thumbs up 25 year smoker - Champix is Working!

Hi all.. I stumbled on this site somehow and thought I`d share this with those looking to quit smoking..

Been a smoker for 25 years, got up to 3/4 a pack per day (sometimes a bit more). I realized I wanted to quit smoking years ago.. tried twice, but failed poorly.

I didn`t really want to quit smoking, but figured I better kick the habit before my 40th, so I began looking/listening to my options. Champix had worked for everyone that I knew that took it (3 people). I hate taking pills to cure myself of something, but figured if that is what it takes, that is what I must do. Went to the Doc and got a second opinion and was told that it has been very effective, so I got my prescription and sat on it for 3 days before commiting.

By day 3, I was down to 3 smokes a day.. Not because I didn't want more, but because I wanted to make it easier by the 8th to quit. (Note, that I`d butt the smoke out three times per smoke to be able to stretch it across the day.)

By day 8, I quit (still carried my smokes with me to work, but left them in the car) and never had one since.

It`s day 29 and I`ve thought about smoking for about one quarter of a second, at least every day. It`s strange really, I go to reach for my smokes and before I even get a chance to move, I remember and tell my self ``You don`t smoke anymore``, and that`s it. Since the 8th day, I have definately noticed I eat more, but since picking up the cinnamon sticks, it seems to stop me from eating as much

For those taking the medication, or thinking of taking the medication.. Don`t wait to ``feel something`` from the pills that`s supposed to just magically make you not want to smoke anymore.. I don`t feel different in the slightest, but still think how nice it would be to occupy my free time in a traffic jam with a smoke. I tell myself that if I`m going to put pills down my throat to quit smoking, I better quit, and not make this a wasted consumption of even more chemicals.

I think you just have to realize that you want to quit smoking, and Champix just takes care of the urges, bad dreams, cold sweats and cravings that you would normally feel when trying to quit `cold turkey`.

Just my two cents... Good Luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to JalapenoSanchez For This Useful Post:
brbgttwilkinson (07-23-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

simochaf HB User
Thumbs up Re: 25 year smoker - Champix is Working!

Very nice, thank you for the information

Old 07-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
(male)

crazysmoker HB User
Re: 25 year smoker - Champix is Working!

Im glad you are having luck. I am taking 2 pills a day of Chantix. still smoking with it, not as much as I did before. Im starting to feel the difference in the urge to smoke. I have had a headache since day 1, that nothing seems to help. Has anyone else experienced this and if so anything help you to get rid of it? Is it from still smoking and taking the meds?

thanks

Reply Reply