It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
(female)

jellybean3009 HB Userjellybean3009 HB User
Commit/Nicorette lozenges... bloating?

I stopped smoking 3 yrs ago and now am hooked on the lozenges! I have terrible stomach bloating and gas using them. Has anyone else experienced this side-effect?

Old 08-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

crookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB User
Re: Commit/Nicorette lozenges... bloating?

Yeah, you know, I used to use those too (actually i've tried using pretty much every NRT or med at one time or another) and I will tell you one thing: this is withdrawal and if you can just quit the nicotine replacement right now it will go away within a week (whenever you get the last of the nicotine out).

Seriously, I quit cold turkey about 5 days ago and I feel the best I have ever felt with any other quitting method. It's so weird, but I have noticed one important thing over these past 5 days: that horrible shakiness, the uncontrollable bloating and/or hunger, the restlessness and headaches--these are symptoms of WITHDRAWAL and they will last as long as you keep using nicotine! This is the ONLY thing that has kept me from lighting up these past 3 days, lol...

I cannot stress enough that I have done the whole thing (multiple attempts) where I drew it out and either cut down on smoking slowly or tapered off with gum, lozenges, patches, or e-cigs etc. All of those times I felt horrible for weeks or months (depending on how long i was trying to taper down my usage). I'd end up gaining all this weight and just giving up etc.

But 5 days cold turkey and I am actually losing weight because now that the nicotine's gone, I FINALLY FEEL NORMAL. I had been trying to quit all year so I'd gotten so used to the blood sugar drops (uncontrollable hunger/weakness etc) and headaches that I thought that was just how I was. All I can say is, if you're worried about symptoms of withdrawal (weight gain, bloating etc) just go cold turkey and stick it out while your body to adjusts for a few days.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
(male)

iew101 HB User
Re: Commit/Nicorette lozenges... bloating?

Hello,

This is my first time quitting and I also quit Cold Turkey. I have been smoking 15-20 a day for 15 years (I am almost 30). The best way, if possible, is to go cold turkey. I am on day 36. I actually lost 10lbs since I quit..because you dont feel like eating for awhile (you still need to but the first 1-2 weeks will be rough) but your appetite won't go out of control if you use juice (Bolt House Farms smoothies are fantastic for sugars/vitamins). Also realize that when you eat it takes 20 mins for the blood sugar to rise where-as cigarettes is 20 secs. Also, bananna's are great in the beginning too (and double bubble!)

Last edited by iew101; 08-09-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Reply Reply