It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

crookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB User
I think I'm gonna quit quitting soon!

What do I do?! WHAT DO I DO? I feel like this is the beginning of the end! I quit cold turkey for a full month, which for me, was amazing, but all day today I've been sucking on an e-cig and I really hate e-cigs b/c the whole reason i quit smoking in the first place was for my skin and e-cigarettes are just as bad for your skin as the regular ones so I figure I might as well be smoking the real thing! I mean it's only been one day and my skin's already doing it's best to pretend it's 50yrs old again...

But get this: it's all because of a stupid 5 lbs! How lame is that? I initially lost weight but now it feels like out of nowhere I've begun gaining MASSIVE amounts of weight--or in reality only about 5 lbs, but apparently, I have a pretty tiny frame or something 'cause it sure looks like 10... I can't stand it. Nothing fits right. IT SUCKS. I exercise EVERYDAY and basically live on raw veggies and fruit! And ok, cookies...and those awful chalky Necco wafer candies (you see I buy them in the hopes that their nastiness will discourage me from eating them but wow, apparently I have TERRIBLE taste, cause I ate like 5 rolls this week alone!). Anyways, I doubt anyone will respond to this post anytime soon, but does anyone know if heartburn burns calories?

Old 09-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User
Re: I think I'm gonna quit quitting soon!

Don't give up and don't be so down on yourself just calm down and take some deep breaths. Ok heartburn does not burn anything else but your esophogus so make so you treat it. I quit smoking almost 3years ago after smoking since I was 13 jr high school for gods sake. I was 37 when I quit so you got the idea but. Those e-cigs are worthless but they are still better than the real thing. Try some patches if you need a little extra just don't smoke the real thing. I quit with a combo of things patches , e-cigs, pouches, cigars ,pipes anything but the cig. The more times you quit and start the less likely you are to be successful at it because the more you relive ow hard it is to quit you said it right you quit quitting I use to tell myself no one likes a quitter and kept smoking.smoking is horrible for heartburn by the way it relaxes you throat muscle for your stomach. Then you can get Barrett's in your throat from years of neglect. Just hang in there hang in there one day at a day or hour or minute however you need it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch1one For This Useful Post:
crookedhearts (09-06-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User

I'm with Stretch1One, don't give up!! Your skin isn't the only thing that suffers when we smoke, it's our lungs, heart, blood pressure, you name it! Take some deep breaths when you get that anxious feeling; inhale to the count of 3, exhale to the count of 6. I carry around a water bottle and take a sip whenever I got anxious. I walk, sing, make a phone call, lift weights, yoga, whatever it takes to distract myself. Eat healthy and get some exercize. And don't overlook the value of using meds to quit or group therapy for support. You are not alone, we've all had to walk that walk, you can do it! Take care!

The Following User Says Thank You to rufous57 For This Useful Post:
crookedhearts (09-06-2012)
Old 09-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

crookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB User

Lol, thanks guys. I was kidding about the heartburn--I had that from sucking on the e-cig all day (it was actually my therapist who suggested I do this!). The good news is I managed to make it through another day and I didn't smoke! I can't believe it! But I'm so ashamed of myself because the only reason I stayed away from cigarettes was my skin. alls I care about is that I don't wanna look 50 until I'm supposed to!

Ever since my doctor upped my adderal dosage I've noticed that my skin looks absolutely HORRIBLE every time I smoke or have nicotine of any kind--even via the e-cig! I swear, in the span of 2 minutes my skin goes from normal to all craggy and atrophied looking--it's really strange. I think it must be the effect of having a COMPLETELY BLOODLESS face. Too many stimulants will do that to you, I guess.

Stretch, I had no idea that the more times you quit the less likely you are to be successful about it, but I think this will help motivate me--I definitely don't want to be torturing myself with nicotine any more and I might have to go through withdrawal again! I'm just gonna try to stimulate my metabolism by drinking enormous amounts of green tea instead from now on or maybe I'll break out the jump rope (b/c thank you rufous, more exercise might be a good idea).

Last edited by Administrator; 10-05-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Reply Reply

« Day 4! | Mrs »