It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
(female)

Jennimac626 HB User
Red face It 's so difficult!

I am a 30 year smoker unfortunetly and it will be 2 yrs on Nov. 28th since I quit now for the 2nd time in my life. The 1rst was for 4 1/2 years. It is so difficult though, and it seems to be getting harder. I keep wanting to smoke. I sometimes pick up a cig and put it to my lips..then I quickly realize I really don't want to smoke...that it is probably emotions needing to get out ...I am really not sure, but I feel like screaming. My chest feels such a craving. Does anyone else feel a craving in there chest? I pray to get thru it!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Jennimac626
crookedhearts (09-24-2012), elizabeth62 (09-23-2012)
Old 09-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

crookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB Usercrookedhearts HB User
Re: It 's so difficult!

Yeah, I also get cravings in my throat and mouth! It's so weird because I get them really bad whenever it's scratchy or sore or I need to cough...it's like I crave that roughness that happens when you smoke--same thing with my chest; it's like I miss the pressure that used to be there. I also just miss the sharpness that nicotine lends me because I feel like I'm stuck in a fog and can't get anything done without it (i've noticed my ADD definitely gets worse).

This is disheartening though...2 yrs and you're still dying to smoke?! That sucks! Kudos to you for lasting this long!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply