It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #16
(female)

KimEngland HB User
Re: Please Please Help Me!!!!

Rebecca,

I have no children. But would be happy to quit with you for yours I'm a teacher and see how much it upsets my students.

Maybe together we can figure it out

Old 11-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #17
(male)

Joenewbie HB User

Good for you two, that's a fun way to do it. I continue into week 4 with Chantix and I still can't kick them all the way. I was suppose to pick a quit day, but did not do it that way. The dreams are just as vivid and had to go to Doctor for sleeping pills to over ride the Insomnia from Chantis.

What an ordeal to just stop smoking, but I have 40 years of smoking to deal with.

Still any excuse is an excuse to keep those last 2 cigarettes in my day.

Good luck to you both and keep us posted, as I use this as my support group.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #18
(male)

gabborawk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenewbie View Post
Good for you two, that's a fun way to do it. I continue into week 4 with Chantix and I still can't kick them all the way. I was suppose to pick a quit day, but did not do it that way. The dreams are just as vivid and had to go to Doctor for sleeping pills to over ride the Insomnia from Chantis.

What an ordeal to just stop smoking, but I have 40 years of smoking to deal with.

Still any excuse is an excuse to keep those last 2 cigarettes in my day.

Good luck to you both and keep us posted, as I use this as my support group.

What really helped me with quitting on chantix was to switch from my favorite brand of cigarettes. Reason being was because I reeeeeeeally loved to smoke and there was a particular brand that I always bought and even on my 3rd day of chantix I was still smoking a pack a day (and loving it I tell damn it!).

Knowing that my favorite brand would be the death of me I decided to switch to a brand i didn't care for and I was able to make that pack last for the rest week before I officially quit. Nevertheless I think switching to a crappy tasting brand of cigs got me to not look forward to the next puff throughout the day.

And honestly, at the time it was alot easier for me to promise myself that I would never buy a certain brand of cigs than it was for me to say that I would never smaoke a cig again with certainty. Switching brands was pretty much my first baby step to not smoking.

The Following User Says Thank You to gabborawk For This Useful Post:
Joenewbie (11-20-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 11:44 PM   #19
(male)

Joenewbie HB User

Tomorrow I finish the daily 2 and that's the end of any cigarettes for me. I am ready now, just been putting it off. I still go outside 15 times a day, but I walk around for the normal 10 mins I would of spent smoking.
Will update over the weekend, with news I am going to be "Smokeless Joe"

Old 11-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #20
(male)

Devrimm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimEngland View Post
I am so happy to read these posts! I have been reading this book too! I haven't quit yet but with the hurricane here in NJ I've found it hard to finish. I so believe in everything he has to say!

And recently my asthma (yep) has worsened and I have severe gastritis. Also impacts my breathing. I've always worked out, I do hot power yoga, and I cannot stand not being able to breathe through it all.

Please let me know how you are all doing! I would love to have a support network, if any of you are willing
Hi all...

I am not drinking any alcohol for last 17 months and 21 days. And I want to stop smoking too in the end of this month. I am beginning Wellbutrin tonight and hoping to be able to do it.
I am 42 and male.

Thanks...

Reply Reply