It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
(female)

rachel2013 HB User
Quitting Smoking is Beneficial at All Ages

Quitting smoking can be a difficult thing to and the older you get the less benefits you may think quitting has, but quitting smoking is beneficial at all ages. Quitting at 30 reduces the chance of dying prematurely from smoking related disease by more than 90 percent. Quitting at age 50 reduces the risk of dying prematurely by 50 percent compared to those who continue to smoke. Even people who quit around age 60 or old will live longer than those who continue to smoke. So while it is best to quit while you are young it is never too late to reap the benefits associated with quitting.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-20-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: fix title

Old 10-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User
Re: Quitting Smoking is Beneficial at All Ages

Hi Rachel2013, I quit at 38 years young and have no regrets of quiting. Had to decide if I want to suffer withdraw in the hospital or not. Quit seven months before second bypass and valve replacement, which was predicated 28 years before. Never gone back, lucky I was ready to quit. I feel better, breathe better, walk better, smell things better, etc. And the money you save now, the prices have soared to expensive prices. Missouri is talking about a vote to raise taxes on cigs to 90 cents a pack, when else where is more that five dollars a pack in a few state. I wished I had never started, but glad I did quite. And it is better to avoid second hand smoke as much as possible. Hugs for everyone today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

eric909 HB User
Re: Quitting Smoking is Beneficial at All Ages

Thanks for sharing this post. Indeed, quitting smoking as early as we could is beneficial to all of us, that way we can avoid having health complications and we can somehow prolong our life. But if we can, we should really avoid smoking from the start.

Reply Reply