It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2012, 04:21 AM   #1
(male)

joeycord HB User
Smoking Cessation

I quit smoking 10-07-2012 after 40 years am 66 yrs old male ,I am a diabetic type 2 quit cold turkey
It has been hell going through the first few days today is DAY 19 . I have been having stomach pains gas.
I am also dealing with depression I retired in February 2012 and became depressed in September doctor in October 1 put me on Paxil said it would take three weeks to fully work .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
(male)

Joenewbie HB User
Re: Smoking Cessation

So how are you doing today? Did not go back to smoking did you? Cold Turkey, no Chantix or anything huh? Wow!!!!!! Would like to hear about your progress. I thought at 58 I was the oldest person to stop smoking, don't give up. I am still toying with 2 or 3 a day as I had to cut my Chantix night time one out major Insomnia even if I took it at 6pm, it would keep me up all night WHILE I took a sleeping pill.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
(male)

joeycord HB User
Smile Re: Smoking Cessation

DAY 35 NO SMOKING HAVE SLIGHT STOMACH ACID REFLUX sometimes a headache. Have no intention of smoking ever again. IF you are trying to quit you are going have stop all tobacco use . It takes about 4 days to get the nicotine out of your system..Joeycord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenewbie View Post
So how are you doing today? Did not go back to smoking did you? Cold Turkey, no Chantix or anything huh? Wow!!!!!! Would like to hear about your progress. I thought at 58 I was the oldest person to stop smoking, don't give up. I am still toying with 2 or 3 a day as I had to cut my Chantix night time one out major Insomnia even if I took it at 6pm, it would keep me up all night WHILE I took a sleeping pill.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
(male)

Joenewbie HB User

GREAT JOB!!!! Happy for you, how does food taste? Easy to breath? You can walk more now?

I am having trouble getting out from under these last 2 a day. I really need that 2nd Chantix a day, it's going to make or break me.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #5
(female)

KimEngland HB User

Oh I wish I could! You are an inspiration actually. I want to quit, but just can't get there. Medical issues have been coming up though that are pushing me.

Hope you are succeeding!

The Following User Says Thank You to KimEngland For This Useful Post:
Joenewbie (11-18-2012)
Reply Reply