It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
(female)

cr8mtg HB User
Chantix

Day 4 no changes at all. Anyone here on this drug?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2012, 04:38 AM   #2
(female)

volleyball2 HB Uservolleyball2 HB User
Re: Chantix

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8mtg View Post
Day 4 no changes at all. Anyone here on this drug?
I am on this drug but have noy been smoking for 6 days. It is working ok. I should be going through major withdrawal and Im not. Still using an inhaler.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
(female)

cr8mtg HB User

How long have you been taking it?

Old 11-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
(female)

Post Re: Chantix

I am on day 4 od the chantix but I haven't had a cigarette for 10 days. I was using an inhaler but still having really bad cravings until I started the chantix. People have said it doesn't work this way but it does for me so I will continue. I wouldn't make any sense to back and smoke that would be crazy.
Have you set a date or still waiting a few more days more?

Old 11-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
(female)

cr8mtg HB User

I am on day 7 now, and still have cravings like mad. They scare me to death. I wold like to have tomorrow as my quit date, but I'm too chicken. I have to quit....for myself and my family.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #6
(female)

If you haven't quit yet why not leave it until next week, set a date for the end of the week. A lot of people do wait longer.
Also I know the buildup in our minds for quitting can be bad. But I am not a strong person and the first couple of days aren't bad. Don't worry every day. It will work! Set a date for next week and relax until the date.
Good luck and write back if you want.
Volleyball2

Old 11-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #7
(female)

Post Re: Chantix

If you haven't quit yet why not leave it until next week, set a date for the end of the week. A lot of people do wait longer.
Also I know the buildup in our minds for quitting can be bad. But I am not a strong person and the first couple of days aren't bad. Don't worry every day. It will work! Set a date for next week and relax until the date.
Good luck and write back if you want.
Volleyball2

Old 02-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #8
(female)

jcbaker51679 HB User

I started taking Chantix Jan. 17, 2013 I am on day 18 of Chantix. I set my quit date for Jan. 24, 2013. I had my last cigarette on Jan. 22. I am currently 2 weeks quit I have done a lot of reading and researching and have read some great things and some not so great things. I'll just share my experience. I had been a smoker for 20 years. My new years resolution for the past 20 years has been to quit quitting. This year I decided im not getting younger or healthier, its time to quit. I filled my Rx and here I am. I havent had many side effects: Occasional nausea, pretty bad gas & upset stomach, no vivid dreams (dang my luck) some skin issues and the one thats really getting to me is my missed period, I am 4 days late, doubtful pregnancy. Ive read Chantix most likely isnt the cause but im classifying it as a symptom since my cycle has been regular for 20ish years. Over all thus far I am in favor of Chantix. It has helped me. I had some wicked cravings at first, now i just want to smoke out of boredom. My sense of smell is returning. I find myself liking foods i didnt before and hating foods i loved before...I am glad I decided to use Chantix and quit smoking. For anyone who is debating Chantix the words of advise ill give is, you know your own body, the power of will is a wonderful thing, but sometimes you need a little bit of help thats what chantix did for me. Anything you put in your body is going to have an affect one way or another, its up to you to decide when enough is enough. Heres to the next 60 years cigarette free.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:40 AM   #9
(male)

ycteach HB User

I went absolutely plumb crazy on Chantix. Gambled through 10 Grand in 6 months, had blackouts, and went from no criminal record having multiple felony criminal charges facing me (Burglary, Assault). Was on the verge of losing my job, girlfriend, house, pretty much everything. Luckily, the court had mercy and reduced the charges so I could still continue in my profession.

Ended up quitting cold turkey eventually

The following user gives a hug of support to ycteach:
jcbaker51679 (02-28-2013)
Reply Reply