It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
(female)

crosseydlobster HB User
I quit smoking and now have wrinkles under eyes

I have quit smoking cigarettes! I am on week 4 and since quitting I have developed a whole bunch of wrinkles under my eyes. I can almost feel them developing, like my skin is cracking under my eyes. I have been drinking a lot of water and using moisturizers. At the same time I quit cigarettes I stopped drinking alcohol and coffee and have been putting myself through a detox regimen to help my body get rid of all the crap. I have definitely been feeling like crap and very exhausted from all of these big changes but these wrinkles under my eyes are appalling? Has anyone else quit cigarettes and experienced something like this, and if so is it permanent or a temporary side effect? I would really like to hear what bad side effect others have gone through from quitting cigarettes.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
(female)

newlease HB User
Re: I quit smoking and now have wrinkles under eyes

HI there-- I've been quit for 49 days.

The wrinkles might be more noticeable to you because other wrinkles are now gone.(?) I waited forever to see my skin change to what everyone else told me would happen and thought they were all liars.... However, it did happen and I couldn't be happier.

I've also added coconut oil to my routine and another lotion,,,,, can we say it? I'm not sure?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
(female)

crosseydlobster HB User

These wrinkles definitely were not there before. I am sure of that. I am curious... How long did it take you to see real skin improvements? I am also curious of how long you smoked for?

Old 02-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User

The wrinkles have always been there, you just know noticing them, now you have quit smoking. Smoking does a number to the skin and pores. The only way to get rid of the wrinkles is plastic surgery. You do not mention an approximate age you are. I can imagine if you are in your 40's, you can get wrinkles from age and smoking. Just take them in stride for the time being, it may get better as time passes, your facial skin is damaged from the smoking, just as too much sun is not good for the skin, causes wrinkles also. And how long you smoked can make a difference also. Just keep hanging in there and keep somber, you can do it and stop worrying about the wrinkles, they may go away over time. Hugs for today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:03 AM   #5
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User

Kenneth, when you smoke, the smoke from the cig with get into your pores and the skin will wrinkle. When you stop, over time, if you are young, the wrinkles will go away. When you are older, the wrinkles will stay.

Rosier
Never give up.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
(female)

kimberllll HB User
Angry Re: I quit smoking and now have wrinkles under eyes

/QUOTE]
The biggest side effect I had quitting smoking. ( Now 10 months) is anxiety. It became so bad I had to take medication

Reply Reply

Tags
detox, eyes, wrinkles