It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
(male)

sico HB User
No cigs for 2 years.

After smoking 40 cigs pd for 35 years, I have finally quit with ecigs and have been off cigarettes for 2 years now.
I really enjoy my e cigarette as it mimics real cigarettes but has no carcinogens. It is plain glycol with a small amount of nicotine and flavor. The same as you will find in many foods and cough syrups.
I have introduced 9 people to the e ciggie and 8 have stopped smoking.
No more early morning wet coughs and smelly ashtrays. My sinus polyps have shrunk from 95% to almost zero and even my eyesight has improved.
My complex tachycardia attacks are history as are my panic attacks.
No more skipped heart beats.
Now you might say that you tried them unsuccessfully. I also tried those cigarette size ones but they did not work. I eventually found that the 3'rd generation one's work 100%. Very much bigger due to the larger battery and improved tank mouthpiece.
Google them and you will not be disappointed.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
(female)

rayel HB Userrayel HB User
Re: No cigs for 2 years.

Hi Sico,
Glad to hear from someone else who likes the ecig. I've been using them for about 3 years after smoking for 30'ish years. I agree the newer ones are a big improvement over the first ones to hit the market. I also recommend them to smokers I meet and a few have switched. Keep vaping!
Rayel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
(female)

debbieusc HB User

I quit 2 weeks ago using welbutrin. I went cold turkey and i'm feeling better already. Maybe look into it if you're wanting to get the nicotine out of your system too? It just completely takes away the urge to smoke and I'm not quit sure why, but it works

Old 03-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
(female)

debbieusc HB User

I quit 2 weeks ago using welbutrin. I went cold turkey and i'm feeling better already. Maybe look into it if you're wanting to get the nicotine out of your system too? It just completely takes away the urge to smoke and I'm not quite sure why, but it works

Old 03-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
(male)

sico HB User

I am not prepared to go "Cold Turkey" and use pills that some have been reported to have caused deaths and suicides. Nicotine is as harmful as caffeine and dissipates very rapidly out of your system.
I love my e-cigarette as does my wife. It has become a kind of hobby to taste different flavors and paraphernalia that one can buy.
It is harmless and I will never give it up. Cost wise it is a fraction of cigarette prices.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
(female)

debbieusc HB User

Anti-depressants are way more regulated than e-cigs though. They have done extensive research on them, unlike e-cigs. Manufacturers still don't know if they are safe because they haven't been FDA approved. I just figure anything you put into your lungs can't be good for you at all. Ever since I started running and taking welbutrin I can't imagine ever inhaling something other than oxygen. Anti-depressants aren't intended for long term use either. Just a thought.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:47 PM   #7
(female)

Mushroomie68 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieusc View Post
Anti-depressants are way more regulated than e-cigs though. They have done extensive research on them, unlike e-cigs. Manufacturers still don't know if they are safe because they haven't been FDA approved. I just figure anything you put into your lungs can't be good for you at all. Ever since I started running and taking welbutrin I can't imagine ever inhaling something other than oxygen. Anti-depressants aren't intended for long term use either. Just a thought.
So I have quit smoking now for four months now. How you may ask Vapeing. Yes it is sad to say my son introduced me to it. I smoked over 30 years and bought a cheap mod set up and some juice that had the nicotine level that I smoked and I have never felt any better. You say they haven't done studies on E-Juice well they have actually. If you google FDA studies on E-Juice you will find some. Now on the anti-depressant to quit smoking I feel is a bad idea. Why you may ask well I have GAD (General Anxiety Disorder) and I know anti-depressants very well. So lets mess with your head a bit so you can quit smoking. Nope I have tried everything. Vapeing worked. I can do it in some establishments by where I live and the Vape stores are popping up every where around me. So I disagree with your post and I cheers my fellow vapors!

Reply Reply