It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
(female)

Melissa212121 HB User
Day 7 of chantix questions

Been smoking for about 15 years at least a pack a day more when Im stressed or bored. I'm on day 7 of chantix. They definitely are tasting different today. I have 1 pack and 2 cigs left so once they are gone I hope to never have to buy another pack. I've taken it before and day 8-9 i recall going down to 1-2 cig a day and it was just nasty. I get very crabby and irritably so after about 3-4 days quit the chantix and went back to smoking right away that was 3-4 years ago. Now I actually want to quit! I have no type of support group or anything just started googling and found this.

Any tips on how to help with the irritability without asking to prescribed another medication? I could tell today it was starting. I've warned everyone I usually come into contact with on a daily basis and apologized ahead if im crabby. Friday is my daughters 10th bday party and I really don't want to be all irritable then..

Also the smoke smell in my house.. how do I get rid of it? I recently bought air purifiers, but anything to get smell off walls, furniture, carpeting and everything? I also use scent products - will that help make the smell stay gone? When I previously took chantix I wasn't smoking in that place I lived but I know at this place where I do smoke when im out of cigs for a couple hours the smell just drives me insane and seems to be the only thing I can think about.

I am experiencing nausea this time around usually after the 2nd pill. Even when i take it after eating a full meal with a glass of water.

Lastly, I was prescribed the pills for 3 months, should I take them the full 3 months? I have read the horrible reviews on this product so would prefer to stop it asap but don't want to end up back smoking and have to start all over again.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-20-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply