It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
(female)

Tamara733 HB User
Smile Hypnosis helped me quit

A well known behavioural hypnotist came to my city for a quit smoking seminar.

My aunt knows I have been trying to quit for years but just couldn't - so she bought me a ticket ($86.00) Stress was my main reason to keep smoking(going through a nasty divorce... still am) I'd quit for a week or two - while using NRT (patch/gum etc)... and would start up again as soon as someone around me smoked or if I had a couple of drinks, or a fight with a loved one etc.

Anyways, I went to this seminar thinking "yea right..." but left after the seminar never having another smoke!

I know hypnosis isn't for everyone but I hear it has a pretty high success rate if you're SURE you want to quit, and it's MUCH cheaper than Over the counter NRT's (in the long run)... and after the seminar, I never needed another nicotine patch or nicotine gum again.

It's been 3 months, I still have a slight craving now and then (like once a week) - but I find it easy to say "no thanks". This is coming from someone who has NO willpower whatsoever!

In turn, I find I'm drinking more water than eating (which was one big downside to quitting for me).

Last edited by Tamara733; 03-19-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
Re: Hypnosis helped me quit

Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply