It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2000, 08:38 AM   #1
Inactive

Jester HB User
Exclamation Smoking Marijuana

I know this isn't the main intent of this board, but I thought some of you may have some expertise in quitting smoking of any kind. I have recently quit smoking pot. I was doing it at least once a day, and now I would like to get my husband to quit. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on getting other people to quit smoking? The weird thing is... if he isn't smoking pot, he is smoking cigars, and if he is smoking neither than he goes for cigarettes. I don't know why, it is probably a habit, but I would love it if I could get his to realize that he has a problem and for him to quit. I don't mind if he does it for fun, but once or twice a day is a little much. I appreciate any replies. thanks...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2000, 09:52 PM   #2

ser HB User
Jester as with anything he needs to want to quit. Then you need to find the motavation not to take a puff/hit. The hardest part in quitting for me is the habit not the nicotine. I hope this helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2000, 01:35 AM   #3

dbiker2 HB User
Cool

I went to a stop smoking class that was 2 nights a week for 8 weeks. I haven't had a cigarette since. I smoked 2+ packs a day. I took that class in 1984.

------------------
Darrell

Old 12-28-2000, 10:58 PM   #4
Inactive

miseryweeps HB User
Wink

Take it from a youngster... I might be young, but I used to smoke pot everyday two or three times a day. Eventually i just got sick of it. I haven't had a joint in over a year. besides, is getting arrested or busted worth it that much? Not to me.
p.s. still haven't managed to quit the cigs yet, but it's better than pot.

Closed Thread