It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2000, 01:54 PM   #1
Inactive

leibesleid HB User
Question Being a supportive boyfriend

My girlfriend is trying to quit smoking after being a smoker for 6 years.
She cut back back in September and is now at about a ciggarette a day.
I really dont like it when she smokes. I dont like it at all. Its upsetting, I love her so much and I know how bad it is for her, etc.
I complain a lot(which I am trying to stop doing). I have said everything I can to try to get her to quit now. But I know it is up to her.
She says the more I b*tch about it the more she wants to smoke. I am trying really hard to be supportive. I am making progress but it's still hard to not say anything sometimes. Especially because the smell of ciggarettes makes me feel ill.
Well what I want to know is this:
What is the best way to get her to quit smoking asap. I know I should leave her alone about it and let her do it on her own, and I AM doing that now. But is there anything else I can do?
Sometimes when we are together she will get really "edgy" because she is wanting to smoke. This often ruins our time together. It is one of the reasons why I wish she would just quit NOW. I try to calm her down but its really hard sometimes.
It's been really frusterating at times the past 3 months when she gets like that. I wish she would just quit so she wouldnt get like that anymore. I believe "nicking" is the term?
Is there anything else I can do to help her quit besides not saying anything and being supportive??
I am not a bad boyfriend, I really want to help her. I just love her so much!
Any suggestions, helpful comments, or tips would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2000, 11:36 PM   #2

Di HB User
Hypnotism worked for me. I haven't smoked in almost 3 years...and I had smoked over 1 1/2 packs per day for 20 years.

Good luck...and just keep loving her!

Closed Thread