It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2001, 05:50 PM   #1

teressa81 HB User
Exclamation Desperatly seeking to STOP!!!!

I am 19yrs. old, I want to quit smoking, but i don't know how or where to start. I have been wanting to quit for a while. But my will power is not strong enough. Anytime i get really stressed out, i sleep, if i can't sleep, i smoke. I have been smoking ever since i was 11. Pretty bad i know, But i am slowly cutting down . But how do i keep it out of my fingers. How do i start. Anyone??
Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
I know if i quit i will probably gain weight, that is what i want. I weigh 88lbs. now and i want to gain weight , and i think smoking could be one of the many reasons, i haven't been able to gain weight, so please if you have suggestions please let me know
Thanks
Teressa

Old 01-26-2001, 06:52 AM   #2

kristi HB User
I AM WITH YOU ON WANTING TO STOP ALTHOUGH I DONT WANT TO GAIN WEIGHT AT ALL......ITS SO HARD TO DO I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE THIS HARD MY GOAL IS TO QUIT ON MY 20TH BIRTHDAY AND NOT TOUCH ONE AGAIN.....LET ME KNOW HOW YOU DO....

KRISTI

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2001, 10:05 AM   #3

Lucky HB User
Teresa,

Please see the messages I posted on Kristi's threads. You'll do it!!! Just keep at it!

Old 01-31-2001, 07:21 AM   #4

kristi HB User
just wondering how you are doing on quitting????

Old 01-31-2001, 05:42 PM   #5

teressa81 HB User
Smile

I haven't quit yet. I am down to about 5 cigarettes a day, and i am able to go without a cigarette for about 6 hours if i am awake.
I usually sleep about 10-12 hours(another story)
So after those 12 hours i tempt myself. See how much longer i can go without.
I still dont know what i will do to substitute the cigarettes totally. I dont want to go on the patch. I want to quit cold turkey.
Thanks everyone for your support!

Old 02-01-2001, 04:55 AM   #6

dlinville HB User
Keep at it everybody and youll do it. I am 32 and smoked for 18 yrs. I had a surgical procedure last week that was/is very painful and my success rate for recovery is 8 times better if I do not smoke. The thought of having to go through that again has given me the willpower to quit. My last cigarette was the night before and I have not had one since (8 days now). I still think I want one now and then but am controlling myself. It'll will be 4 months before I completely heal from my surgery. I do not know If I will keep off the smokes after that but feel I will make it through my recovery.

About 6 months ago I tried the patch. It worked a few days but I found that I was yelling at everybody all the time. My kids would just walk in the room and I would yell at them. I decided that the pain I was putting them through was worse than my smoking at the time. I think the best way is to quit cold turkey and stay in control of your mood swings.

Best of luck to all of you, it is very hard but I think we can all get off the smokes for good if we want.

Closed Thread