It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2001, 10:19 AM   #1

Xnailtech HB User
Thumbs up This is what I did!

When I decided to stop smoking, I went and got the patch. I cheated on that for about 15 days(not a smart thing to do) then I looked myself in the mirror and said "YOU FOOL" from that day I refused to smoke another cigarette. Yes I got mad and I was yelling at everyone. One day my husband said to me"if this is what you are going to be like, START SMOKING AGAIN!" Well I sat him down and I told him that I had just lost my best friend(the smokes) and that if he would just bear with me, we would get past it. Tell your friends and lovers that you arn't mad at them, just everything else. LOL
Then I decided that everytime I wanted a smoke, I would tell everyone. It helped alot! I would kill for a smoke right now! I would say then everyone would know that I was still fighting that deamon! Slowly, I quit saying it! One day I thought to myself, I didn't think about a smoke all day! What a great feeling. Remember, it doesn't get any harder than the first day. You just get tired or fighting it.
Keep up the good work. YOU ALL WILL MAKE IT.
God Bless You All P.S. Worry about the weight later! One thing at a time. Get a handle on those somkes!!!!!P.S.S Just one more thing, don't tell yourself that you can't have a cigarette, because you can if you want. Say to yourself, "I CHOOSE TO NOT HAVE A CIGARETTE" little things make a big difference. Again, good luck!

[This message has been edited by Xnailtech (edited 02-01-2001).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2001, 10:39 AM   #2

Mister HB User
Talking

Thanks for the encouragement!!! I have known quite a few people that say they just decided one day and went cold turkey.
Has anyone tried hypnotherapy?

Old 02-02-2001, 11:14 AM   #3

Corene HB User
Unhappy

I tried hypnotherapy, BUT, I was told to go back for a followup. The initial one was awesome but I never got to followup for a couple years later--CAUSE--I was again smoking! I wish you luck one day at a time or minute or whatever it takes. I am in the "thinking about stopping AGAIN process"

Old 02-04-2001, 01:37 PM   #4

Xnailtech HB User
I don't think that it was the cold turkey thing mister. I think it was the talking to my family and friends to say I wasn't mad at them just the anger of loosing my friend.(the smokes) I missed them. Then by voicing my feelings everytime I wanted a ciggerette, I released some of that anger and it wasn't so bad. And everyone around me knew why I was upset! Really, try it. It lets you feel much better! Remember, you choose not to have a ciggarette, not I Can't.

Closed Thread