It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2001, 01:18 PM   #1

sudm HB User
Post To quit or not to quit?

The title is pretty dumb, it is obvious that smoking should have never started in the first place!
My question to anyone that might help, is the following:
I started smoking at age 12 and since then, I increased to smoke my usual 2 packs a day.Smart eh? Anyway, now I am at age 37 with 3 beatifull kids and wife and the desire to stop smoking. I tried everything, hypnosis, zybane, patch etc.etc you name it.
The reason why I never made it I believe it is basically will power. I have a huge physical dependance from smoking. I get dizzy, I studder, I can't work if I do not smoke.The question that I posed my self (Maybe also as an excuse is: Is it worth it?) Is it worth to screw all your social life? Your marriage? Your relation with the kids? Your work? Unfortunately you probably all know the answer I gave my self. NO.
The only thing that makes me really furious, is these *******s from Philip Morris that are now pushing health related issues with commercials when they basically made the whole world start smoking. Also many governments, will allow the use of Tobacco, guns, alchool because there is too much money involved.It is sickening. What are the alternatives? My utopia, is that some day a magic little pill will stop all cravings and then life will go on healthier.
Regards to all
Sebastian

Old 02-02-2001, 10:16 AM   #2

Lucky HB User
Isn't that terrible that you have to do that to yourself? Or even think of doing that to yourself? To take a pill to make you sick if you smoke. They are killing us!

I pray you both someday come to the point where mentally you are ready and can quit. I found that out. No matter how much you want to, not until you are mentally there can you do it. And you WILL know when you get there!

Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2001, 01:06 PM   #3
Inactive

tup HB User
Thanks, Lucky. You're right, it comes down to mental, there's no gimmick that will do it. I just hope I reach that point before it's too late.

Old 02-04-2001, 02:12 PM   #4

Xnailtech HB User
Sudm...first of all, 2 packs is a big monkey. My suggestion is to start somking a cheep ciggarette. It will taste bad but that is a good thing, and make it a lite! Then slowley start limiting your smoking areas. Only outside (nomatter how cold), not in the car! You get the drift. But when you get down to a pack a day, then you can think about stoping. Try this and it might get better. Good luck! and God Bless you.

Old 02-05-2001, 12:52 PM   #5

sudm HB User
To All who replied:

Thank you for your constructive advice, I will definetely follow them
thank you again.
Regards
Sebastian

Closed Thread