It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2001, 08:57 AM   #1

kristi HB User
Angry BAD BAD ME!!!!!!

HEY GUYS I STILL HAVEN'T QUIT I KEEP SAYING AFTER THIS PACK I WILL AND NEVER DO I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO....I HOPE THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO THROW THEM OUT THE WINDOW ON MY WAY HOME THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT ALSO I FEEL AS IF I HAVE FAILED EVERYONE THAT HAS TRIED TO HELP ME!!@!!!!!! SORRY GUYS

Old 02-12-2001, 10:59 AM   #2

Lucky HB User
Hey Kristi,

GO AHEAD AND GET MAD!!! That's how I did it. I got so furious with myself. I ended up quiting after 3/4 months of saying "I'm not buying anymore" then one day I just didn't . . .

You're on the right road . . . you'll get there. Don't give up.

Good Luck Sweetie!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2001, 01:45 PM   #3

ser HB User
Set your Date not your pack or carton. I did what you are doing and got pnemonia and had 4 smokes left I smoked them over the week I was sick I had 2 more days till I went back to work so I sleept all weekend and went cold turkey. 4 mo so far. Good luck

Old 02-13-2001, 07:09 AM   #4

kristi HB User
Smile

hey guys today is the day i finally said i have had enough of those old mean cigs i have full confidence i can do it i want to be thorough with cigs b-4 i get married so i am saying bye bye to my nasty HABIT....i am so full of confidence i know i can do it....thanks to all you great people that have helped me in so many ways i really appreciate it....

Old 02-13-2001, 10:04 PM   #5
Inactive

Lori HB User
Thumbs up

Way to go Kristi!
Keep us posted how you are doing, if you get to a point you think you cant go any longer, just write on this board and let out all that steam! This is the first day of your new and healthier life!!!! But if you dont make it, just keep trying, sometimes practice makes perfect you WILL get there
Congrats!
Lori

Old 02-15-2001, 10:37 AM   #6

Lucky HB User
Kristi,

How are you doing? We're here for you, in the good times and bad. Love to hear what's up? Hopefully your smoking habit

Lucky

Old 02-16-2001, 05:06 AM   #7

kristi HB User
Unhappy

hey lucky i am doing better i went 12 hours without a cig and that is a long time for me just trust me on that one....and then one little thing made me think i had to have a cig but that is okay b-c nothing is going to get in my way any more b-c i can do this thanks for checking on me.....kristi

Old 02-16-2001, 06:32 AM   #8

Lucky HB User
So Kristi, are you saying you went 12 hours w/o one and then had one . . .

You're getting there girl, we're all here for ya'. I'd like to know how many times I talked about quitting or tried to quit.

I'll tell you what though. That accomplishment I feel is the greatest thing I could ever do for myself. It's funny, I will now think to myself, God I'm a Non-smoker now . . . It's absolutely wonderful! To this day, I still can't believe it. . . I AM A NON-SMOKER!! It's been almost 5 months!!! It has absolutely flown by. It seems like it's just been a couple weeks. (September 27th, 2000) I can remember this day, but can't remember my own wedding anniversary . . . isn't that terrible! My hubbie gets mad. Oh well.

Keep it up you'll be fine. I'm here for ya'

Old 02-16-2001, 08:04 AM   #9

kristi HB User
Smile

yes i did mean 12 hours...that is good for me and i am proud of myself but also mad b-c i was going to quit cold turkey it is just so hard i BLOW up for no reason i know it will just get easier i just wish i were to the easier point now instead of later i know i can do it and do not care what everyone says it will be nice to say " I AM A NON-SMOKER" or go in to a restaurant and say non instead of smoking....i think i just needed to ramble on and on about nothing i have got to keep myself busy so i wont think about it and all...so i am just busying myself and probably making no sense whatsoever....i have a really boring job and that is where it is so tempting b-c i used to go smoke when i was bored no i am looking for stuff to do......sorry to ramble...kristi

Old 02-19-2001, 07:12 AM   #10

Lucky HB User
Thumbs up

Just don't give up sweetie . . .

How did you do this weekend.

You know sometimes when my cravings get bad, I'll chew a piece of Nicorette gum. Although I wish I never would have cause now I fall back on that. But it's better than smoking.

Old 02-20-2001, 08:14 AM   #11

kristi HB User
Smile

i done really good on saturday and sunday monday i slipped a little but am still doing good on it....i am very proud of myself thanks for all your support!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2001, 10:47 AM   #12

Lucky HB User
keep it up girl. I'm proud of ya'! It's okay if you slip. Just get back up and try again! What else can you do. Sooner or later you'll get there. (Hopefully sooner)

Old 02-26-2001, 06:44 AM   #13

kristi HB User
hey lucky its been awhile i am still doing better just never have quit completely hope to soon its so hard.....kristi

Closed Thread