It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2001, 03:57 PM   #1
Inactive

ruffeo HB User
Post Opinions needed

I attempted to quit smoking cigs yesterday. I cheated, twice. It was my birthday and I got all kinds of messed up, I was offered a cig and totally forgot that I told myself I'd quit, I felt really guilty.

I have not smoked a single cig so far today (23rd). But, I'm wondering... I'm going to be at Mardi Gras this year, which equals alcohol and other things, should I just wait to quit smoking after mardi gras or just stop myself right now?

Old 02-23-2001, 03:58 PM   #2
Inactive

ruffeo HB User
damnit, now I'm starting to make up excuses!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2001, 09:54 PM   #3
Inactive

Lori HB User
Well Ruffeo at least you tried! You'll get there!
No, you should wait till after Mardi Gras to quit. I would set a "quit date" and stick to it! Make it for a time where stress is low, and where you'll most likely not be put in a situation where you're willpower will be weakened (eg. by alcohol and party). But make sure you dont set it toooo far in the future! I kept setting quit dates and then kept postponing them so I never got to them *laugh* Tell your friends/coworkers etc ahead of time of your quit date and keep reminding them not to offer you a cig or to come smoke with them. Try to stay away from temptation for at LEAST the first 2 weeks as much as you can. Its hard I know!! Keep it up you'll get it
Take care,
Lori

Old 02-26-2001, 07:28 AM   #4

Lucky HB User
Ruffeo,

Personally, I don't think you should put it off, but the choice is ultimately up to you. I just "wonder" what will be the "next" excuse . . .

Now you know yourself better than anyone else, and if you go to Mardi Gras and smoke, well, you know, try again the next day. But I don't think you should put it off.

What if you do quit smoking and DON'T smoke at Mardi Gras . . . you're on easy street then . . . right? If you can make it through Mardi Gras w/o smoking you know you've got it whipped, if you do "slip up", oh well, try, try again . . . right.

Good Luck to you, either way you go. We're all here for ya'!

Lucky!

Old 02-27-2001, 03:37 PM   #5

Udaya B Chandra HB User
Unhappy

What everyone (smoker) of us need to quit smoking?

Will.....Yes,the STRONGEST WILL

I have been a smoker since 1985,almost taking 30 per day.I stopped smoking for 9 exact months only because I had what I said,"STRONG WILL POWER" at that time.Somehow I got it diluted of late and started again knowing fully well all its ill effects.

At least when we get around 40-45 years of age,I feel we all must put a big FULL STOP to smoking.

Closed Thread