It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2001, 12:41 PM   #1

mandy crosby HB User
Post 3 weeks & 3 days and feeling v. tired!!

How did everyone else feel after 3 weeks? I am feling tired and quite ill!! is this normal. I know that no matter what i will never smoke again although i really do want to be able to cope and carry on with my life - how long was it before you felt you we're over the worst and going about your life as a none smoker?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2001, 02:33 PM   #2
Inactive

Lori HB User
Hey great job at quitting!!!!
What happened with me when I quit, as for cravings the really bad ones were over within 3 weeks. But for the longest time I was feeling depressed and crying all the time,headaches also and tiredness. Every one is different and this is probably your bodys way of getting back to "normal". Im sure it will pass really soon Sorry I couldnt help more, but hang in there! If its really bad maybe discuss it with a doctor.
Take care!
Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2001, 04:24 PM   #3

mandy crosby HB User
Wink

Thanks Lori
IT makes me feel MUCH better when I hear others say it took them 3 weeks - It makes me feel like i've come through the worst. To be honest it's not as bad as it has been when i've tried before. This time i've used Zyban. I suppose its been better/easier than I expected.The cravings are not bad at all it was just having days like today when you're not feeling 100% and it feels a struggle. I guess you just have to keep a real positive mind and take one day at a time. Thanks for the support-
Mandy

[This message has been edited by mandy crosby (edited 02-26-2001).]

[This message has been edited by mandy crosby (edited 02-26-2001).]

Old 02-26-2001, 04:27 PM   #4

mandy crosby HB User
Wink

Thanks Lori
IT makes me feel MUCH better when I hear others say it took them 3 weeks - It makes me feel like i've come through the worst. To be honest it's not as bad as it has been when i've tried before. This time i've used Zyban. I suppose its been better/easier than I expected.The cravings are not bad at all it was just having days like today when you're not feeling 100% and it feels a struggle. I guess you just have to keep a real positive mind and take one day at a time. Thanks for the support-
Mandy

Old 02-26-2001, 08:12 PM   #5

tav77 HB User
I can't believe this! The symptoms that you describe...no more cravings, but depressed, crying, etc...that sounds exactly like what I am currently going through, and I was starting to wonder about myself! I took Zyban for two-three weeks. I thought it worked great! I had no cravings and took myself off after I thought I was able to continue on my own. The one thing everyone should keep in mind with Zyban is that is does not contain nicotine and that is what we need to get out of our bodies asap. With patches or gum, we continue to provide our bodies with that "fix".

Anyway, is it possible that I am having the symptoms just later? I am on day 53 without cigs?

Old 03-01-2001, 05:23 PM   #6

mandy crosby HB User
It will actually be 4 weeks tommorow since i had my last cigarette, one whole month i cannot believe it - yet i feel soooo proud! Since I last wrote only a few days ago when I was feeling quite low and ill I can now say i stuck with it and its not that hard to do, the more you stick it out the more determined you get and think 'well i got through that and i'm still here. I actually feel a much better and stronger person if anyone can relate to that. I have found that it has been easier to stop this time than it has on my attempts previously (where I only lasted days). I think that was because i was not ready to give up and this time I have. If you really want to give up and your determined to do it you will.A Message to Brookej - hope your doing OK, well done and keep reminding yourself that you are determined and no matter how low you feel you will come through it (a craving only lasts for 3 min).I also found drinking lots of water helped and I ate sunflower seeds which at my support group they advised us to as apparantly it has a similar affect as nicotine, although not as strong, sounds daft I know but it helped me,try it!)And to Tav77 I hope you also are feeling better and have come through, i agree with what you say, nicotine is very addictive and as we rid our bodies of it we react in different ways. Someone told me its like having a 'nicotine monster' inside and everytime you had a cigarette you were feeding it, by stopping the nicotine supply to it you were destroying it before it destroyed you - remember we are stronger!!!Anyway good luck everyone - mandy

Old 03-01-2001, 07:12 PM   #7

Brookej HB User
Smile

Hi Mandy,
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am hanging in there today but it hasn't been easy as you well know. Four weeks is great! Whatever you do, don't ever test the waters by having just one. I have been there and done that in the past and it brought me right back into the addiction. Everyone is unique but why chance it? I know I can't. Cigarettes will never be my old friend! Cigarettes are to me like a demon that is trying to posess me.
Thanks for the tip with the sunflower seeds. I'll try anything! Did you eat the ones that are already shelled or the ones you have to work at? I like the easy way out! I have been taking St. John's Wort for over a month so mabey that will help stabilize my mood. Take care.
Brookej

Old 03-02-2001, 08:00 AM   #8

Lucky HB User
Thumbs up

Hello All!

Congratulations to everyone! I have now been a non smoker for 5 months. And VERY excited about it. It just doesn't seem like it's been 5 months . . . they have flown by.

I know what you all mean by the cravings though, dh is a heavy smoker . . . sometimes the smoke REALLY bothers me and then there are times when I smell it and want one. Yesterday, dh was in bathroom getting ready for work and I was sitting at the kitchen table and he came out and lit one and put it in the ashtray . . . I was "zoning" on it, thought about taking a puff and then I was like . . . Hello . . . that'd be real smart . . . all that hard work down the toilet. I don't think so.

I've heard some people say they have quit for 10 years and still crave one every once in a while. It's a shame, really, ya' know. The U.S. would allow them to make this addictive crap for us to smoke and literally kill ourselves. . .and our family, friends, etc.

You all keep up the good work!!

Brooke . . . eat the ones you have to work at, you won't eat as many . . .

[This message has been edited by Lucky (edited 03-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lucky (edited 03-02-2001).]

Old 03-03-2001, 05:09 PM   #9

mandy crosby HB User
Hi Lucky
How does it feel after 5 months - you must be so proud of yourself as I know how I feel after a month! It nust be hard for you if you smell cigarettes and feel like one sometimes though. I am the total opposite at the moment, the smell of cigarettes makes me feel sick but I think that is mainly due to the effects of the Zyban, that is why I wanted to know how people felt when they came of the medication?
I agree with you though that its kind of strange when people say that they stopped 15 years ago ect and still get a feeling at times they want a cigarette. It must be a litle like the way we feel at present, get the urge for a cigarette but would'nt smoke one if we had one as you come so far and think - no way am I going back to that
again. Anyway bye for now - Mandi

Old 03-03-2001, 05:12 PM   #10

mandy crosby HB User
Hi Lucky
How does it feel after 5 months - you must be so proud of yourself as I know how I feel after a month! It nust be hard for you if you smell cigarettes and feel like one sometimes though. I am the total opposite at the moment, the smell of cigarettes makes me feel sick but I think that is mainly due to the effects of the Zyban, that is why I wanted to know how people felt when they came of the medication?
I agree with you though that its kind of strange when people say that they stopped 15 years ago ect and still get a feeling at times they want a cigarette. It must be a litle like the way we feel at present, get the urge for a cigarette but would'nt smoke one if we had one as you come so far and think - no way am I going back to that
again. Anyway bye for now - Mandi

Old 03-03-2001, 11:55 PM   #11
Inactive

Lori HB User
Hi Everyone!
GREAT JOB AT STAYING QUIT!!!!!!!!! It is hard knowing that we will have some tie to this "demon" for such a loooong time. I quit 4 months ago, and sometimes I will actually dream of smoking still!! But 2 days ago I had a dream my brother offered me a smoke, and I declined!! Now my subconsious is finally quitting with me, whats taking it so long?! *laugh* Well great job everyone and take care!!!!!
Lori

Old 03-05-2001, 06:55 AM   #12

Lucky HB User
Good Morning All of you NON-SMOKERS . . . or Soon-To-Be Non Smokers!!!

I'll tell you guys what, I am very proud of myself for quitting. But even better, I am so happy about quitting! It's wonderful. I don't feel embarassed that I have to smoke at work. I can ask for non-smoking at a restaurant, etc. I LOVE the fact I don't smoke. I will NEVER put another one of those nasty things to my mouth again. NEVER!

You all keep it up!

Old 03-06-2001, 02:02 AM   #13
Inactive

Lori HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky:
Good Morning All of you NON-SMOKERS . . . or Soon-To-Be Non Smokers!!!

I'll tell you guys what, I am very proud of myself for quitting. But even better, I am so happy about quitting! It's wonderful. I don't feel embarassed that I have to smoke at work. I can ask for non-smoking at a restaurant, etc. I LOVE the fact I don't smoke. I will NEVER put another one of those nasty things to my mouth again. NEVER!

You all keep it up!

I know what you mean Lucky! I am soooo happy Im not smoking anymore! I was pretty sad for awhile but then the longer I go it seems the more I feel better and the more I see the benefits of not smoking. I also will NEVER, EVER smoke again! IT IS WORTH IT!

Old 03-06-2001, 08:56 AM   #14

Lucky HB User
Thumbs up

You know what is SOOOO Funny to me, even still . . . .

Is that I am still SO PUMPED about not smoking. Just to think to myself, "hey, I haven't smoked in 5 months, it just still lifts me up. It doesn't seem like it's been 5+ months. Amazing. I NEVER dreamed in a million years I would actually be here . . . a non-smoker!!

You all keep it up!!!!

Closed Thread