It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2001, 10:41 AM   #1

kristi HB User
Smile day one on wellbutrin

hey all just wanted to let you know i am still doing okay i am trying wellbutrin now and hoping it will work for me....i have to be threw with cigs in 16 days got to keep reminding myself i am not going to be outside smoking in my wedding dress.....kristi

Old 02-28-2001, 11:23 AM   #2

Lucky HB User
Thumbs up

16 days . . . let's see sooooo March 16th is the day . . .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2001, 11:45 AM   #3

kristi HB User
Smile

yes that is the day....i am so scared but excited at the same time...i am more scared that i will trip over my dress than anything in the world....kristi

Old 03-02-2001, 07:05 AM   #4

Lucky HB User
Smile

Kristi, you will be fine!!! Don't worry.

Old 03-05-2001, 06:06 AM   #5

Lucky HB User
How are you doing Kristi??????

Old 03-05-2001, 07:05 AM   #6

kristi HB User
i am doing okay this wellbutrin helps a little right now i wasn't sure i could take it at first i felt all weird.....i only have a week left so i have to get threw this even if i go cold turkey!!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2001, 05:46 AM   #7

Brookej HB User
Talking

Kristi,
So the big day is coming up pretty soon! When I got married my mom said, " You can't smoke while you are wearing that beautiful wedding dress - it just wouldn't look right" - or something along those lines. I agreed and refrained from smoking while the festivities were going on. I know you can do it too! I wish you the best of luck and you have my support. By the way, how do you do the smilies with mouths and eyes that move? Those are really neat. I haven't advanced that far yet - I can only do stationary smilies. Have a great day!
Brookej

Old 03-06-2001, 06:23 AM   #8

kristi HB User
Talking

yes it is almost here A WEEK FROM SATURDAY that is scary my wellbutrin should have worked by then i almost quit taking it and decided not to take it but i changed my mind when i heard the radio this morning this girl said it took 10 days to work i hope so so i wont be out there with a cig in my dress.....to do those smilies look beside the your reply and there is a smilies legend click on it it will tell ya how to do it....

Old 03-06-2001, 08:03 AM   #9

Lucky HB User
Thumbs up

Kristi,

FYI . . . I tripped on my dress as we were going up the steps to the platform, granted it wasn't bad . . . Just make sure you pick it up in the front before you step up. I wish someone had mentioned it to me.

As I said, I didn't trip real bad, I even asked a few people later on and they said they didn't even notice, I think those things are so big you can't tell.

I DID smoke in my beautiful white gown, got a couple cigarette burns on it even . . . what a shame . . . you don't want to do this to yours . . . . . you can do it sweetie! Keep up the positive attitude, whether it's today, tomorrow, or the day after, etc. I have faith in you!!!! You're there . . . just need to be ready for the plunge! And afterwards, you'll wonder why it took you soo long . . .

Keep us posted!!

Old 03-08-2001, 06:28 AM   #10

kristi HB User
Angry

hey it is going okay but i am so ill i really dont want to talk to anyone i cant stand being ill but it is for a good cause so i will just keep my mouth shut for a while...no biggy...kristi

Old 03-12-2001, 06:10 AM   #11

Lucky HB User
Smile

Hey Kristi girl . . .

how are you doing? better I hope. Don't get discouraged, it'll happen!

Wedding this weekend, right? Good luck!!!

Old 03-12-2001, 06:28 AM   #12

kristi HB User
i am doing okay still have one every once and a while b-c of the stress of the wedding and stuff sometimes i feel like that is an excuse but i get so stressed and ill x-specially since i am not smoking....yes the wedding is sat and i am so scared it is not even funny i wish it would have been all through this time instead of just 1 week b-4 the wedding it is killing me...b-c it just hit at once and i cant b-live it is finally here....i just hope everything goes okay.....let cha know how it goes afterwards....kristi

Old 03-13-2001, 06:50 AM   #13

Lucky HB User
Wink

Girl, you will be fine! The wedding will be beautiful and so will you, try not to worry so much!

As far as the smoking . . . I think it's great you're still cutting back, keep it up, maybe after the wedding stress is over you'll be able to quit.

Old 03-15-2001, 09:34 AM   #14

Brookej HB User
Talking

Hi Kristi,
Weddings are stressful!!! I keep reminding myself that non-smokers (particularly those who have never smoked) manage to handle their stress some other way but they haven't altered those receptors in their brains either. It has been 2 weeks today for me - staying quit! Best wishes on your upcoming nuptials (that doesn't look like it is spelled right but I looked it up)! One more suggestion to add to those Lucky gave you - start out walking slowly. I had a close one on my wedding day - the photographer's wife was straightening out my train (which wasn't all that long) when I started out but she had her foot on it. Luckily I felt the resistence before I tripped or ripped my dress so nothing bad happened. She was only trying to help so the pictures would be good so if someone straightens your train - be aware!!! Don't dwell on it too much though - I don't think that's good either. Anyway, have a great wedding day!!! :0 Talk to us again when you get a chance.
Brookej

Old 03-16-2001, 02:21 AM   #15
Inactive

Lori HB User
Talking

Good luck Kristi!!!!!!!!! You will be a beautiful bride and be ok! Let us know how it goes (when ya get back from the honeymoon )

Closed Thread