It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2001, 12:39 AM   #1

rajesh chandnani HB User
Post experienced ex smokers(quitters)please help

Dear friends,
Hope this note finds u all in ur best of health with the grace of almighty.
I need some info but i have been surfing on the net but been able to get it ,if u can kindly help it will be a great help
I have stopped smoking on 29th January-2001 .(I have smoked for almost 20 years @ average 15 cigarettes a day i.e during having a drink I used to smoke more and also I have had drinks (beer and whisky) from the past 18 years at an average of 3 drinks thrice a week).I have also stopped alcohol from 29th January-2001 along with cigarettes completely.I am now 36 years old.
I am very happy about it and I am also feeling very good and infact I have now no cravings at all as personally its been last 3 years I was fed up of smoking and used to smoke because of compulsion(habit) rather than pleasure and drinks because of social life and sometimes fun ( I am married with one daughter of (7 years) and by the way I am very happily married (touch wood)}

now my problem is though the cravings r not there I get sudden headaches and dizziness mainly in the evenings or sometimes anytime during the day (its irratic)--which last for an hour or two and also I get cold sweat and I feel as I will faint.now my doctor feels it can not be withdrawal symptoms of nicotine but he is not sure since he says now its been nearly 2 months u have left (according to him the symtoms dont last long )it (though he is very happy about it),he feels it is ANXIETY ( stress & tension ) as my business has really nose dived since last 6 months .so he has given me one nerve relation tablet which when I take I feel quite relaxed after some time.I want to know if anxiety is also a withdrawal symptoms of nicotine and if yes then does it go away with its own time and aprox how much time does a withdrwal symptoms last (longest).HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THE WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS GO AWAY IN A CASE LIKE MINE?AND EXACTLY IN DETAIL WHAT DOES A PERSON FEELS PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY DURING THIS WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS(so I can compare with mine)

I will really appreciate if u give me some knowledge since I am at one side very happy that I could quit it this time since previously I have tried numerous time but never succeeded more than 11 days and this time I dont want to touch it but at the same time I am not sure that what is happening to me ( dizziness, cold sweat ,faint feeling,headache after 2 months of no nicotine is due to no intake of it or I have some other problem).

awaiting ur reply early

thanks

Rajesh Chandnani

------------------
rajesh chandnani

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2001, 09:10 PM   #2

tundra HB User
Thumbs up

Hi!
Quitting can affect different people in different ways. Some people have serious symptoms of withdrawal even after 6 months and more. Nicotine is a pretty potent narcotic stimulant. I've heard of some folks finally finding relief with use of Zyban and antidepressants even months after that last puff! I will have officially quit 1 year as of April 1 (2 hours from now here!).
Even 6 and 7 months into my quit, I was developing digestive problems, and getting the occasional nightsweats, and having to get up at night to use the restroom etc... These were all things that I never had until I quit smoking. All that has cleared up since then. My metabolism is still out of whack, and I'm hoping that will get on track soon. I just want to illustrate that your symptoms could be form quitting. If, However, you are overly stressed, you might want to get looked at just to rule out any possible physical problems. Hope this helps a little, and congratulations!

tundra

Old 04-01-2001, 03:33 PM   #3
Veteran

buck58 HB User
Thumbs up

Congratulations on quitting smoking. I did as well, and don,t miss it. I'm sorry your'e having these problems though. But I have to agree with your doc, sounds more like anxiety than nicotine withdrawl! Good Luck.

Old 04-04-2001, 10:10 AM   #4

rajesh chandnani HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by tundra:
Hi!
Quitting can affect different people in different ways. Some people have serious symptoms of withdrawal even after 6 months and more. Nicotine is a pretty potent narcotic stimulant. I've heard of some folks finally finding relief with use of Zyban and antidepressants even months after that last puff! I will have officially quit 1 year as of April 1 (2 hours from now here!).
Even 6 and 7 months into my quit, I was developing digestive problems, and getting the occasional nightsweats, and having to get up at night to use the restroom etc... These were all things that I never had until I quit smoking. All that has cleared up since then. My metabolism is still out of whack, and I'm hoping that will get on track soon. I just want to illustrate that your symptoms could be form quitting. If, However, you are overly stressed, you might want to get looked at just to rule out any possible physical problems. Hope this helps a little, and congratulations!
dear tundra thank u 4 ur observation,it will go a long way in helping me thank u god bless u

Old 04-04-2001, 10:20 AM   #5

rajesh chandnani HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by buck58:
Congratulations on quitting smoking. I did as well, and don,t miss it. I'm sorry your'e having these problems though. But I have to agree with your doc, sounds more like anxiety than nicotine withdrawl! Good Luck.

dear buck58,thanks a lot i need that luck thank u once agin for ur concern-

Old 05-21-2001, 01:57 PM   #6

zackpak HB User
Congratulations on quitting!!!!!!! I just left a post in "15yr and smoking!" that may interest you. You can do it!!!!!!!!!

------------------
zackpak

Closed Thread