It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2001, 02:55 PM   #1

Bill Magic HB User
Post I'm a smoker damnit!!!

I just want to throw something out there..
I quit smoking about 3 1/2 weeks ago.. I feel great and my lungs feel awesome. I really think this is the end of my smoking habit as I knew it.. I smoked over 2 pks for 22 years...
But you know what?? I'm a smoker that no longer uses cigarettes...
I don't like the non smoking crowd. I don't smoke, but I'm still ****** that you practicly can't smoke anywhere anymore.
I hate the people that just rant on smokers
and make them feel like they are the scum of the earth and that they are killing everyone around them with their second hand smoke...
So, I'm going to stay a smoker that doesn't use tobacco...
Bill..

Old 06-08-2001, 08:57 PM   #2

ser HB User
AMEN

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2001, 06:26 AM   #3

Smile4uhun HB User
I agree with you 100%

Old 06-11-2001, 08:39 AM   #4

ms freckles HB User
Talking

Am backing you 100% I quit to but I vowed not to be one of those ex smokers that made everyone miserable. Good luck

Old 06-11-2001, 12:41 PM   #5

joz HB User
Angry

I'm still a smoker (quit date 17th June) and I couldn't agree more. Yes, cigarette smoke is bad but what about exhaust fumes which are a hundred times worse. The next time someone remarks about smoke tell them to quit driving thier car!

------------------
Take care
Jo

Old 07-17-2001, 01:07 PM   #6

Azzriele HB User
At restaurants I request the smoking section, always, unless I'm with someone who really can't stand it. I too am an ex-smoker. I too hate people who gripe about smokers. I love smokers! I love secondhand smoke! and I love tobacco! In fact, just this weekend I was so mad with desire to smoke, that I almost bought a pipe. I have fond memories of my mammy puffing on a corncob pipe all day long...but in the end I chickened out. I'm too afraid i'd start inhaling it, and then cigarettes would be only a step behind...Figured it was a bad idea. Anyway, thought this was a pretty funny thread.

[This message has been edited by Azzriele (edited 07-17-2001).]

Old 07-17-2001, 08:55 PM   #7

s123 HB User
gee, i wish i could be as brave as all of you. i have smoked since i was 19 and i am now fifty. i THINK about quiting all the time. i dont have the guts to do it. right now, i am battling sciatica and have had that for 10 years. i tell everyone around me that the pain is so bad, i would rather die of lung cancer than to live to an old age in so much pain. they cant find anything wrong with me so i am stuck. oh, i fuction, but this last month and a half has been rough. if i thought for a minute that they could cure my back pain, i would try harder to make the commitment to quit. and i agree with all of you...i will always be a smoker in heart. i cant stand the whiners that complain all the time about my smoke. i will continue to sit in smoking even if i do ever quit. i think i should move to the southern states...they are more tolerant and accomadate smokers better there. ya know, they grow it down there....

Old 09-21-2001, 04:05 PM   #8

DianeMarie73 HB User
agreed

Old 09-24-2001, 01:30 PM   #9
Inactive

tup HB User
How did we become such an intolerant country? If they're going to come down on us smokers they should attack the obesity epidemic also which leads directly to diabetes, heart disease,various cancers and an early death too. But I guess that doesn't effect a person as does second hand smoke except of course for the ever increasing insurance rates.

I once read that if you live in a city of 100,000 you inhale the equivelent of a pack of cigs a day. Awww too bad for all the puritans who want to live forever.

Sometimes when someone is giving me crap I say do you know which country has the highest smoking rate and the longest lived people? Japan. Shuts them up for awhile anyway. A superior diet and exercise goes a long way!

Closed Thread