It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2003, 05:34 PM   #1

frankles HB User
Post Is there any way to get nicotine out of your system?

I have drs appt tomorrow for possible symptoms of throat cancer, I however am down on my health insurance as a non-smoker and am concerned they may test me for nicotine. Is there anything you can take to get it out of your body quicker?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2003, 03:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

tcb0609 HB User
I don't think that there is any way for you to get nicotine out of your system. Nicotine can be found in your blood and I believe the only way to get it out is to quit smoking. It can show up for a while I think. I guess you had your appointment today. I hope things went well for you and you are not diagnosed with throat cancer. Please let us know how it went.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2003, 03:51 PM   #3

frankles HB User
I didn't think there was anything to take, I know it is in your hair strands. Dr gave me antibiotics, said it was my lymph nodes and glands in throat, and have fluid build up in ear canal, so hopefully thats all it is, thanks for your reply, I used to be a heavy smoker years ago, and had a few cigs over the holidays, so was a little worried they would find out.

Closed Thread