It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Speech & Language Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2005, 04:24 AM   #1
(male)

pjmaster86 HB User
Exclamation Running for Junior Stuco; (Roles & Stuttering?)

Hey. I just got back from my first day of school. I'm very interested in running for a position in my Junior Stuco... I'm thinking about Secretary. I haven't had much Student Council experience in the past, and I think helping the other members would be a great role for me (I have however had class Senate and Homeroom Rep/leadership experience).

I need some help. I've never been Secretary before, and I'm not quite sure what is to be expected from the Secretary... I've written up about half of my speech so far. I want to combine comedy and a serious tone in my speech because I'm a very funny guy, but I also know when to stop and when it's time to be professional/serious. So far as the role of Secretary, I've written that I: Will be there to assist any Stuco member in any way that I can; Will inform the President on current and upcoming projects that need to be dealt with; Will be present at every Stuco meeting and make sure all information, regardless of importance is reported back to all members of the council; and I will be there when there are things needed to be taken care of...

I really don't know what else is to be expected out of a Secretary. PLUS, before we make speeches to our class, each candidate will be interviewed by a member of the Executive Council, with their student advisor and Vice Principal alongside them. I'm really nervous about that part, I've never done something like this before.

There will also be some tough competition, and I hate how in my school, most students vote for "popularity, humor, etc.", but I think I have a good chance... ALSO, does anyone else have a problem of 'stuttering'? Sometimes, I can't get out what I want to say, it's like it's STUCK inside my throat, it's so frustrating, sometimes I can't even complete sentences it gets me so angry.... If anyone can help me in any way, it would be greatly appreciated...

By the way, I'm terribly sorry if this kind of post does not blong in the "Teen Health" forums...

Last edited by pjmaster86; 08-18-2005 at 04:24 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 03:27 PM   #2
(female)

~charlotte08~ HB User
Re: Running for Junior Stuco; (Roles & Stuttering?)

good luck!!!

Last edited by ~charlotte08~; 08-18-2005 at 03:39 PM.

Old 08-18-2005, 03:34 PM   #3
(female)

~charlotte08~ HB User

I hope you win!!!! Don't worry about stuttering. Think about the positive. Don't think negative. It's normal to be nervous. Just go up there with confidence and say your speech with power ( like you really care.) Tell them what they want to hear, just don't lie. I believe you can win. I hope you do.

Old 08-19-2005, 03:32 AM   #4
(male)

pjmaster86 HB User

Thank you two very much =)

Closed Thread