It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2004, 01:56 PM   #1

jqsmom HB User
MRI Results.. would love an English version ;)

Greetings!!
I was involved in a snow tubing accident in December of last year and have had problems after I slammed into an electrical pole going what seemed like 50 mph! (Yep, I was trying to tell myself I was young still!hee)

I'd like to post my MRI results and if anyone could help me, I would greatly greatly appreciate it! I read it and it's pretty much blah blah blah, blah blah blah....

Thank You!!
Susie

Sagittal cervical MRI images reveal gross anatomic alignment of the cervical vertebral bodies with normal marrow signal for patient age throught the cervical spine. There are normal cervical basilar and cerival relationships. A limited view of the posterior fossa is unremarkable. The cervical cord is centrally located in the canal with normal signal and pathology.

Intervertebral disc spaces are well defined and disc height is well preserved, but a large disc herniation is suspected at C5-6 on sagittal images.

On axial images, there is a large right paracentral to lateral C5-6 disc herniation which abuts the right paracentral cord deforming the cord and placing it leftward. This also appears to abut exiting nerve root at this level with abnormal narrowing of the right C5-6 neuroforamen.

Remaining levels are unremarkable without significant disc bulge, central canal stenosis or lateral recess narrowing.

Impression:
Large right C5-6 paracentral to lateral disc herniation deforming the righ paracentral cord and narrowing the right C5-6 neuroforamen, probably abutting exiting nerve root.

Again, thanks for helping me out!!
Susie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2004, 03:59 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

NYFUSED HB User
Re: MRI Results.. would love an English version ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqsmom
Greetings!!
I was involved in a snow tubing accident in December of last year and have had problems after I slammed into an electrical pole going what seemed like 50 mph! (Yep, I was trying to tell myself I was young still!hee)

I'd like to post my MRI results and if anyone could help me, I would greatly greatly appreciate it! I read it and it's pretty much blah blah blah, blah blah blah....

Thank You!!
Susie

Sagittal cervical MRI images reveal gross anatomic alignment of the cervical vertebral bodies with normal marrow signal for patient age throught the cervical spine. There are normal cervical basilar and cerival relationships. A limited view of the posterior fossa is unremarkable. The cervical cord is centrally located in the canal with normal signal and pathology.

Intervertebral disc spaces are well defined and disc height is well preserved, but a large disc herniation is suspected at C5-6 on sagittal images.

On axial images, there is a large right paracentral to lateral C5-6 disc herniation which abuts the right paracentral cord deforming the cord and placing it leftward. This also appears to abut exiting nerve root at this level with abnormal narrowing of the right C5-6 neuroforamen.

Remaining levels are unremarkable without significant disc bulge, central canal stenosis or lateral recess narrowing.

Impression:
Large right C5-6 paracentral to lateral disc herniation deforming the righ paracentral cord and narrowing the right C5-6 neuroforamen, probably abutting exiting nerve root.

Again, thanks for helping me out!!
Susie

HI SUSIE

YOU HAVE A HERNIATED DISC AT C5-6 WHICH IS CAUSING SPINAL CORD COMPRESSION WITH NERVE COMPRESSION. (NEUROFORAMEN, IS NERVE COMPRESSION). THE DISC NUCELUS IS PUSHING ON THE NERVES. TRY PT FIRST AND SEE HOW IT GOES. WERE YOU REFFERED TO A NEUROSURGEON OR ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON????
AND EMG IS A TEST I WOULD SUGGEST TO CONFIRM ANY TYPE OF NERVE DAMAGE.

GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME TO THE BOARDS

LORI

Old 01-21-2004, 02:10 PM   #3

jqsmom HB User

Thanks for the advice!

Susie

Old 01-21-2004, 02:31 PM   #4

hugo eve HB User

[QUOTE=jqsmom]Greetings!!

"Sagittal cervical MRI images reveal *gross anatomic alignment* of the cervical vertebral bodies with normal marrow signal for patient age throught the cervical spine. There are normal cervical basilar and cerival relationships. A limited view of the posterior fossa is unremarkable. The cervical cord is centrally located in the canal with normal signal and pathology."

Yo Susie

Sounds as tho the wack knocked your spine out of alignment. I reckon a chiropactor might do you a world of good and then traction to help with the herniation. Doesn't sound as tho you are going to need an operation IMHO. With the spine back in alignement you would probably have enough space for herniated disc not to press on the chord.

Cheers Hugo

Old 01-21-2004, 04:31 PM   #5
Inactive

jodawa50 HB User

Hey Susie, Sounds like a pain in the neck and right shoulder to me. I understand your frustration as most of the words are'nt even in the dictionary(I've looked). You've got a hole in the disc at C5-6 thats pushing the spinal cord to the left while squishing a nerve that exits the spine at that point. See a surgeon and good luck.

Old 01-22-2004, 09:19 AM   #6

jqsmom HB User

You guys are awesome!!

I seen the chiro for awhile, but it didn't help much. So hopefully, I will get some relief next week when I see the neurosurgeon.

No more winter sports for me that's for sure! hee
Thanks so much for your help!

Susie

Closed Thread