It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2004, 07:08 PM   #1

SilentAngel HB User
Smile Torn Abdominal Oblique/Spinal Cord Injury

hi, i hope this story helps those who think that they just can't go on anymore. i fell 4 yrs ago, a freak accident if u will, on my chest bending my back. i lay totally paralyzed on the ground and in the rain for about a minute or two; then, i regained my breathing and my ability to move. i picked myself up off the ground, got into my car & drove home. i was in the worst pain of my life. little did i know, i should've waited there for an ambulance. i thought i had just bruised myself really bad and that the pain would eventually go away. but, not this time! a couple of days later, i became deathly ill. i thought it was the flu and so did my family...in other words, no one wanted to come near me; nor, did they. i couldn't keep any food down, i lost weight, (from 110lbs to 98lbs), and, i felt very toxic. i had flu like symptoms which made me sick enough to go to the emergency room. i had also just broken up with a boyfriend so i was in pretty bad shape. after telling the dr's about the fall and breaking up with my boyfriend, they diagnosed me with anxiety, depression, upper respiratory tract infection, bronchitis, pleurisy, urinary tract infection, IBS, pancreatitis, along with a few other inflammations. i was given low grade pain and antibiotic meds and was sent home. i was sent home to die...in my own bed. i knew i had internal injuries; and, that i was suffering from more than what the doctor had informed me of. because i didn't have insurance, i was told something totally different than the obvious. was it on purpose? or, was it a misdiagnosis? i'm sure dr's are told to find something less costly for the hospital when it comes to treating people with no insurance. alot of hospitals are founded on the hill burton act. there are many people who don't know about this free medical care program. i went back to the same ER several times. each time i was sent back home with a different diagnosis. as i became even more toxic and closer to death, i knew i had to do something to save my own life. i changed my diet to boost my immune system, mega-dosed on vitamins & supplements, and tried to do what little exercise i could do. even though all this might have been helping, i still felt as if i wasn't getting any better. all i had was my computer. hanging on to my kitchen table, a sat down and researched alternative medicines, home-health remedies, etc...i tried everything i thought would save my life. i ate lots and lots of honey, fresh blueberries, yogurt, fruits, grape juice, oj, the list goes on.....i also came across, urine therapy and hydrogen peroxide therapy. no, i didn't drink my own urine; however, that would have been my last resort. i opted for the hydrogen peroxide. considering how it worked on open wounds, i figured it would help my internal injuries and kill any infectous bacteria that had infested in my body and in my bloodstream. i prayed to God for my life and began to self administer the hydrogen peroxide. i don't advise this because it can eat away at the lining of your stomach. but, i had no choice. i had to kill the infections inside of me. unable to work and pay bills, i was forced to move. therefore, i had to work to get the money to move with. i have had to move 15 times in the past 3 yrs because of difficulties in working and paying my bills. i have no husband; nor, do i have any children. i was on my own and taking care of 5 dogs all at the same time. i've been to 8 hospitals since my accident. it was a year and a half later after i fell during a physical examination; that, i was told that i had broken my ribs in that fall. i was also told that i had shoved my liver over into my spleen. i informed that dr. of my fall and how sick i became afterwards. she told me that i was misdiagnosed. she told me that it wasn't the flu that i had...she said that it was septic & spinal shock and that the hospital i went to didn't recogize it as such. furthermore, there was a temporary loss of blood supply to my chest and abdominal muscles because of the area of injury in my spine (the thoracic area). over the course of time, my torso muscles have weakened. so much so, that my left external abdominal oblique muscle has ripped itself from the sternum of my rib cage and is now laying on my left hip bone leaving my chest wall unsupported. for the past 2 years i have been without a car...still trying to work, pay bills and take care of my dogs. yes, i am always, everyday, in alot of pain. i guess i just don't know when to hit the ground. i suppose, to me, the ground has always been for walking on not falling on. for someone without a car and internal injuries, i'm doing ok. i can't run, exercise, dance, rida a bike, sweep/mop my floors, or even do laundry; and, i have to sit on the floor to vacum my carpets. i wear an ace bandage so i can walk without too much pain. did i mention that the place i fell was the parking lot of a church that i grew up in? it was a miracle that i got up and walked that night. it was a miracle that the extreme measures i had to take to save my life actually worked. i'm sure that i had injured and probably punctured my liver too. and my chest wall was badly bruised to say the least. there were nights when i was so afraid to go to sleep for fear of not waking up the next morning; and, i prayed to God to let me wake up. my dogs needed me. i don't think i'm supposed to be here; but, God didn't figure on me reaching for the bottle of hydrogen peroxide either. if there was any internal bleeding the HP took care of it. hydrogen peroxide induces vomiting; therefore, cleansing your system of infectious bacteria. vets use it to give to animals that accidently drink antifreeze, etc.....i have researched hydrogen peroxide therapy and any studies being done on it. i have found that dr's are now using HPT to treat chonic & deadly diseases such as aids, cancer, hepC, etc.....but, there are no studies on using it to treat internal injuries, that i know of. or, in using it to treat septic shock infection. i guess, i'm living proof that it works. i don't know if it had any negative side effects on my stomach or not yet; but, all that's in the works. it has taken 8 hospitals and 4 yrs to find a way to get an mri without insurance. and, it's not through the hyped-up compassion of doctor's which seems to be non-existent or even through the so-called committed entitlement of hospitals that i have been to. i'm having to pay for it. but, to finally find out what all is wrong with me; and, be able to fix it, it's worth every penny! God Bless You! stay strong in everything that you do and in everything that you hope for.

Last edited by SilentAngel; 01-21-2004 at 07:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2007, 11:02 AM   #2
(male)

chris0007 HB Userchris0007 HB User
Re: Torn Abdominal Oblique/Spinal Cord Injury

What a good story! I too am going through a lot of doctors who just won't run the tests to test for internal bleeding.

I hope you recover fully and take care of those dogs!

Closed Thread