It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2004, 07:06 AM   #1

grace2 HB User
2 week checkup, Spinalpak fusion stimulator

Had my two week checkup yesterday and all is well so far. He actually just removed my stitches and asked about pain (yes), numbness (no) and did the tests with my arms and hands again. Good resistance this time, before surgery I couldn't resist at all. Told him I was still taking 2 Lortab and one Soma daily most of the time and he said that's okay. Gave me some samples of Ultracet and said if it helps he'll prescribe it for pain instead of Lortab if I want. He said it'll help without making me loopy like the Lortab. Didn't really know I was feeling Loopy Anyone take both of these - did you prefer one or the other. He also said that sometimes 1/2 Lortab and 2 Advil will give good pain relief. I was a little worried that he would say it's time to get off everything, but he was very supportive. Showed me x-rays taken during surgery and how much height he had added by inserting the cages. Said most of my pain was caused by the stretching of the ligaments and that it would just take time to adjust.

Next, he gave me the Spinalpak Fusion Stimulator. Said to wear it at least 4 hours per day and twelve would be better. The great news is the cost. Company said it was $5,250 when I called them and my insurance would only pay $4000. He said yesterday that he has an agreement with the company and they will accept whatever they get from the insurance company. Said whenever I get a bill from them to bring it to his office and they will take care of it. So glad I'm not gonna have to pay for the difference.

I also went back to work yesterday for two hours. NS said start out very slow and work my way back in. Two hours of opening mail, organizing and typing sure tired me out. Who would have thought? I came home and took a nap, haven't done that in a week or so.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread