It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2004, 02:27 PM   #1

zadstyx HB User
Question numbness in thumb, index, midle and ring finger.

Recently (over the last two weeks) I have had a numbness forming in my right hand. Started at the second knuckle of the index and now it covers the left side of the index from second knuckle to tip, inside (right-side) of thumb at the tip to the first knuckle and middle finger (left-side) tip to first knuckle, and now I notice the ring finger is starting to tingle and loose sensation.

looking for clues and who should I see to correct the problem.

Old 07-20-2004, 05:29 PM   #2
(female)

dove777 HB User
Re: numbness in thumb, index, midle and ring finger.

Don't know if this will help, but I am having same symptoms with also my feet tingling. I have cervical spinal stenosis. I am having surgery in 2 days. A pinched nerve could be causing your problem. Your primary doctor should order a MRI or refer you to a neurologist if your symptoms persist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2004, 08:57 AM   #3
(female)

CHETNSUE HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadstyx
Recently (over the last two weeks) I have had a numbness forming in my right hand. Started at the second knuckle of the index and now it covers the left side of the index from second knuckle to tip, inside (right-side) of thumb at the tip to the first knuckle and middle finger (left-side) tip to first knuckle, and now I notice the ring finger is starting to tingle and loose sensation.

looking for clues and who should I see to correct the problem.
I have had and also now going thru the same symptoms.....Ths first 2 times was due to Carpal Tunnel....Then also learned in further testing that I also have 2 Herniated Discs with Compression and bulging that is now currently causing this problem. It lays in the C5-C6-C7 areas. I had my Neurologist tell me this. I went thru a MRI and after that an EMG. Eventually it lead me to the stage at where I am waiting for surgery due to Pain getting worse. I hope that this helps

Old 07-23-2004, 08:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

Each part of your cervical spine actually represents or flows through the fingers (the nerves). Doctors thought I was having a CTS flareup after shoulder surgery, turns out that it was not in fact the problem it was c4-c7 being herniated with c6-c7 crushing the nerves.
I had found a website once explaining which one related to which but can't find it now. I know that pain outside the hand is usually c4, numbness in index and middle usually represent c6 and c7.
Often times folks can be misdiagnosed with CTS when it's really a nerve being inpinged in the neck. Usually you know within months that it is the neck as the numbness stays and pain starts raidating down the arm, shoulder and across the back as well as the neck.

Closed Thread