It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2005, 09:39 PM   #1
Inactive

4080Sean HB User
Burning the nerves with Laser Procedure

A friend had a LASER procedure to burn the nerves throughout the spine.
Can somebody provide me with the name, more info, and some resources about this procedure.

Does it merely mask the problem by deadening the nerve and thus make your spine more dangerous?

Old 03-03-2005, 11:58 AM   #2
(female)

Lyn in Michigan HB User
Re: Burning the nerves with Laser Procedure

Sean

I was just looking at your post to see if anyone had answered you. I have had neck pain for at least 5 years and surgery Nov. 29/03 on C5/6 6/7 an anterior cervical discectomy with donor bone and plates. The surgery did nothing to take away the pain (2 weeks after surgery I had a whiplash car accident - not my fault!!!) and I guess I didn't have a chance to recover fully. Now 14 months later I found out after having a myelogram that the second donor bone "disintegrated" which didn't make me feel very good. The surgeon says that he can't help me because if he operated again it probably wouldn't take away my pain!!! Anyway to make a long story short, I am scheduled for some "Facet Blocks" which they say they inject something into your facet joints and if it takes the pain away then they will "burn" the nerves - I am wondering if this is what you are talking about. Apparently they can check this out with radio frequency to see if the pain is from your "facet" joints. Is this what you are questioning? Have you found out any more info on this procedure from friends, doctors or any other websites. I would appreciate any answers as I am sure you will too!!!

Thanks
Lyn in Michigan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2005, 06:39 AM   #3
(female)

misery HB User

Hi all,there is alot about this on the pain management board.You should check it out.
Shoreline wrote a very informative peice on this.
Do your research carefully.From what I gathered this can work well for some people.It can also be a problem.It was something about the nerves growing back and also other nerves around the ones that were burned can pick up the pain signals and you are right back where you started.
After reading some about this I would not even consider it.
I urge you to please find shoreline's post and read it.It was posted a few weeks ago.
In case you don't know how all you do is go to the P.M. board find Shoreline's name and click on it.It will bring up a screen and you pick the one that says post's by this user and you can read thru till you find it.
I do hope this helps.Best of luck to you. Heather

Old 03-04-2005, 07:51 AM   #4
(female)

Lyn in Michigan HB User

Heather

Thanks for the info. I will sure look into that.

Lyn in Michigan

Old 03-08-2005, 09:31 AM   #5
(female)

Lyn in Michigan HB User

Misery

How do you get on the "Pain Management Boards"
Thanks
Lyn in Michigan

Old 04-07-2005, 07:25 AM   #6
(female)

Lyn in Michigan HB User

Hi All

Has anyone ever had their nerves burnt with radio frequency after having medial branch blocks. I am scheduled to have this done next month and want to find out what I am in for.
Thanks
Take Care
Lyn in Michigan

Closed Thread