It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2005, 08:44 AM   #1
(female)

bebegal HB User
Unhappy Getting a Milogram tomorrow.. what should I expect??

I am still in the phase of now knowing for sure whats wrong w/ me.. have low back pain (L4, L5, S1 pain) possible pars defect, and have sudden drop foot on my right foot,, Im still just having MRI's, EMG's, ect.. ran. Tomorrow I go in for a Milogram and really have no idea what to expect. Im scared to death of the thought of having dyes injected into my back.. Just how painful is a test like this??

Old 03-02-2005, 10:11 AM   #2
(female)

chitowngl HB User
Re: Getting a Milogram tomorrow.. what should I expect??

I had a CT myelogram done for cervical problems back in December. I honestly thought it wasn't that bad. I had very little pain from the procedure (I was not drugged in any way). The only thing I did not like was having to lie still for about 4 hours. They want to make sure you do not get a spinal headache, which I have heard is not very pleasant. Try not to worry.
Carrie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2005, 04:31 PM   #3
(female)

Lyn in Michigan HB User
Re: Getting a Milogram tomorrow.. what should I expect??

Hi

I had a cervical myelogram done last month and did "Not" get a spinal headache which I am thankful for!!!! Lying still afterwards was not so bad, I had a good rest. The test itself was a little nerve racking but I got through it OK. They inject dye into your lumbar region but they put lanocaine in there first to numb it so you can't feel it as much. Just relax, I think that is the key!!! The test itself took about 1/2hr and then they put me in a Cat Scan machine afterwards for about 15min. It was a bit uncomfortable but you will get through it. I will be thinking about you, you will be fine!!!!

Lyn in Michigan

Closed Thread