It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2006, 06:06 AM   #1
(female)

srick1018 HB User
Neck pain with chest pains

I woke this morning and my neck was hurting (as usual). The pain that is usually in my shoulder blade is going down my back. Also, I can feel it in the front too. My chest hurts. This is only on the right side. I also have the same arm and hand pain with tingling and numbness.

What is with the pain going down my back and chest? I haven't had that before. Is that normal?

I had cervical fusion in 2000 and have another herniated disk and bone spurs.

Thanks!

Old 08-24-2006, 07:26 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
Re: Neck pain with chest pains

good morning!! i too have bilged disks, a large bone spur and stenosis in the cervical spine. i do get a pain straight down the center of my spine that ends about the bottom of my shoulder blades. also have the pain in the chest at times right in front of the pain in the back. have had shoulder problems, arm and hands since injury on May 9th. have never had surgery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2006, 05:35 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

PNo HB User

Hello, chest pain is common, make sure you never ignore chest pain symptoms though and if in doubt contact your doc. Shoulder blade pain is right on the mark as well for your cervical problems.

I have pain on right side of chest, sometimes it is also in center, like a knife stabbing about breast level and under the armpit, and side of chest. I have had 2 acdf surgeries C4-6, C6-7, they are thinking its stenosis for me at C7 and below causing the chest pain.

Sounds like you may have increase in symptoms or new ones, so recommend its back to dr. for you to have check.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:44 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

thanks for mentioning the armpit pain. that's one i forgot. i thought i was crazy for awhile. i can't even fold laundry. you know when you shake like a t-shirt or small towel just to get it straight? that does such a number on my armpit, bicep, and shoulder that i have stopped doing it altogether. had an irregular ekg and ecko in march just an irregular heartbeat. cardio did a stress test and said i have the heart of a 20 year old. i haven't seen 20 in so long i don't e ven remember it.LOL started to have palpitaions lately so pcp is sending me back to cardio just to be safe. haven't started PT on neck yet but i have a PM dr. and ortho who have both upfront said surgery is a real possiblity. i see the PM dr. next week and pcp today. need to ask more questions and get on with this. am in PT right now for ankle, back, knee injury. the only thing they won't start is my neck and shoulder. I guess i know why now. bad area seems to be the C5-C6 and a pinched nerve at the C7. they keep mentioning this large bone spur. i believe that's what will have to be removed since it is indenting my spinal cord. gotta do something before the damage is worse. glad you guys are here.

Closed Thread