It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2006, 03:07 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Jenny R. HB User
Facial Tingling from C-3 bulging disk?

I was wondering if facial tingling could come from a neck problem. Everything that I read about says no, but then I seen a chart that tells what part of the spinal cord different nerves supply. C-3 says to nose, mouth, cheeks, ears, and lungs. Does anyone else have this problem? Had a brain MRI, it was normal. Thanks!!!!

Old 12-06-2006, 04:53 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

PearlDoves HB User
Re: Facial Tingling from C-3 bulging disk?

I had stenosis from a bone spur and had ACDF of C5-C6, I had numbness in my face, mouth and even my tounge! Just to be safe though, I had an MRA of my neck to look at the carotid arteries to make sure it wasn't being caused by carotid disection.. MRA of the head probaly wouldn't hurt either if you really wanted to be cautious, but I didn't have that one done... but just in general, YES, numbness in the face does happen from neck probs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #3
(female)

puparoo HB User

Did you have a Cspine MRI or CT? Do you have a c3 bulging disc? Problems with discs seems to cause all types of weird problems. I also have this type of problem, but it settles in my neck and head (headaches) more so than anything. Tingling in the face can also be caused by certain medications, anxiety (I had this while I was worried about some of my symptoms, once diagnosed, it went away QUICK), migraines, migraine prodrome, or even allergies. And I am sure there are a plethora of other things that cause facial tingling. What does your doctor say? Brain MRI will not rule out a Cspine issue. If the cspine is causing the tingling, there are a lot of medications, therapies and other methods of relieving this. What is your diganosis?
Some Cord Compression

Old 12-09-2006, 05:08 PM   #4
(female)

EtherealGirl HB User

I had slight herniation at c3-4 and I did experience just that, especially the tongue tingling. Kinda freaky for sure!

Old 12-10-2006, 03:52 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Jenny R. HB User

Yes, I did have the C-spine MRI, this is when they said I had the bulging disk at C-3. I do suffer from what I think is migraines, its a burning, throbbing headache that starts in the back of my head (left side), and goes behind my ear and above my eyebrow. I don't know if it truly a migraine or tension from my neck, but it lasts for days. I also get auras without the headache, but they are few and far between. I had the brain MRI first in April this year because of the facial tingling, I had this facial tingling for 6 years now, the brain MRI was done with and without contrast. It was said to be normal. The doc ordered this also because my gram had MS. Then in Sept, this year, I had the c-spine done. I also recently had the lumbar done, and it was normal. I have a hard time believing that a neck problem can cause this. My doc says its not actually the disk, its the inflammation, muscle spasms, pressing on the nerves. I can move my neck a certain way and it triggers it. I can also press on the side of my neck, and it triggers it. I hope its nothing serious being that my gram had MS, and my mom and grandfather suffer from migraines.

Closed Thread