It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2007, 09:26 PM   #1
(female)

tracyfogarty HB User
c5-c6 with blood and protein in urine

I Have Not Been Feeling Well For Awhile, I Thought It Was A Uti Then I Take Medicine And I Don't Feel Better, My Blood Pressure Is Going Hay Wire Really High And I Have To Take Adalat To Bring It Down, This Is Happening Every Couple Of Days For About Two Weeks, Now We Put Another Urine Sample In And They See Blood And Protein In It, I Will Not Know The Results For Four Days, I Have Also Been Sweating Bad For A Few Days But No Fever

Old 01-03-2007, 10:02 PM   #2
(female)

ShepherdLady HB User
Re: c5-c6 with blood and protein in urine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyfogarty
I Have Not Been Feeling Well For Awhile, I Thought It Was A Uti Then I Take Medicine And I Don't Feel Better, My Blood Pressure Is Going Hay Wire Really High And I Have To Take Adalat To Bring It Down, This Is Happening Every Couple Of Days For About Two Weeks, Now We Put Another Urine Sample In And They See Blood And Protein In It, I Will Not Know The Results For Four Days, I Have Also Been Sweating Bad For A Few Days But No Fever
>>

Hello,
I am wondering if the reason for your high blood pressure is because you may have hypereflexia as a result of your cervical problem?

I take it you have a problem in C5 and C6? Not sure?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2007, 11:00 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

PearlDoves HB User

I don't know anything about why the blood and protein might be in the urin, but as shepardlady has mentioned, hyperflexia can indeed cause the higher blood pressure and can sometiems be very serious, such as causing siezure or stroke. The werid thing about this is that when the bladder or bowl is full, it seems to contribute to the messages to your brain not being communicated properly and so the blood pressure will go up. But once a person "goes" the high blood pressure will go down. So it might be good to speak with your doctor about this to see if this might be your situation and in the meantime perhaps try to "go" more often even if you don't feel like you have to, so as to see if this might help your high blood pressure. If you are suffering from hyperflexia, the problem should go away once the "problem" goes away. Which depending on your situation or the cause, could mean surgery, but hyperflexia can also be caused by other things other than damage to the nervious system via the spinal problems.. but can also be from causes in the brain as well such as subarachnoid hemorrhage or head trauma and unfortunatly even some medications can cause it - Yikes!

Good luck to you and many blessings, whatever is causing your problems, whether it be hyperflexia or something else, I sincerely hope its resolved soon, just be sure to communicate everything and all your concerns to your doctor so they can try and figure this out.

Last edited by PearlDoves; 01-03-2007 at 11:09 PM.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

I would get thee a good ultrasound done on your kidneys and some bloodwork done on the kidneys and liver.just how old are you?honestly,this sounds like a kidney problem to me(not of course the c spine problem but the urine issues along with BP).

i have a condition called polycystic kidney disease and didn't have a flippin clue til my son(age 12 then) became deathly ill and was found to have PKD along with some freaky mutated gene that actually started these fierous tissues to start forming inside his liver before he was even born.didn't even have the slightest clue that he was even sick til one morning while at school,out of the blue,he started vomiting up blood at school.when they staqrted doing all these tests on hima t childrens hosp,well thats when we found out that we actually had polycystic kidney disease running thru our family.didn't know that at all sinc eit was on my moms side and we had kind of lost contact with that side of the family.when we did contact them,god,here they had like half my moms cousins who had already been thru kidney transplants and one that was getting ready the following month to actually have hers done.needless to say we were all just stunned to find out how incredibly sick my son really was(at the time of his Dx,he was already down to only 20 percent liver function left,and honest to god,he never ever actually appeared sick the whole time leading up to this)but once he had been Dxed with the PKD,my hubby and myself both had to have ultrasounds done on our kidneys just to determine which side of the family this was comming from.and of course,it was me,my sister ended up testing positive for this too.unbelievable i am forty years old at that time,with my kidneys covered inside and out with huge flippin cysts and didn't have a clue what so ever.

the big thing here tho is that you will not actually see any changes in any of your lab work(and this goes with any other organ damage as far as picking it up in bloodwork alone?)only until the actual damage to the organ reaches some 'certain' level.then it will show itself.amazingly despite the huge amount of cysts i have,my ultrasund last year looks like swiss cheese when you look at my kidneys,my labs are still as far as of the 5th of dec of this year,still within the normal ranges.

but earlier on,way back in about 1997 or 8,when i had to have just a routine physical that our FD has to do regularly on all employees,they DID actually find protien in my urine then but i didn't know what it ment and kind of just blew it off?i didn't know squat then about it having to do actually with the kidneys.i also have microscopic blood pop in from time to time in my UAs,along with that protien.

my concerns for you espescially are the high BPs you are having combined with your urine symptoms.this would honestly indicate a form of kidney disease.sorry to have to tell you that,really.but honestly,you need to get your kidney labs,and the liver as well since some kidney conditions can also affect the liver like with PKD(which by the way,is a very very common form of kidney disease,but for some reason,you never hear about it)which is just one form of actual kidney disease.

you need to do this as soon as possible,before you actually have any surgery done.this needs to be Dxed if this is the case.you HAVE to get that BP under control with meds before i really think any surgeon would even consent to doing surgery on you.this can be very very serious.please get thee to your doc for those labs followed up with an ultrasound on the both the kidneys and the liver.

i hope things are not as bad as what i see here,really,i wouldn't wish this on anyone,but catching things now with that BP needs to be treated as soon as possible as the constant high BPs can cause a host of other very serious problems and further damage to your kidneys too.please let me know just whatyou find out, i will be hoping for the best here for you.good luck,Marcia

Closed Thread