It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2007, 01:56 PM   #1
(female)

Joanna2007 HB User
Will someone help interpret these MRI findings?

So, I know I have a rotator cuff tear but am wondering how bad it is and if it is big enough to require surgery, etc. Can someone give me their opinion?

Here are the negative things:
High grade interstitial tear of the supraspinatus tendon, ending 1 cm before the tendon termination, (width of the signal 11 mm), supraspinatus tendinosis

Supraspinatus otherwise of moderate increased size and signal representing tendinosis

Mild AC hypertrophy, abutting supraspinatus in neutral position, small amount of fluid in subacromial/subdeltoid bursa

Any input or opinions is appreciated. I have had one steriod injection and am scheduled for another Jan 26. The ortho doc said if that didn't help pain, we would need to discuss surgery.
TIA

Old 01-13-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
(male)

icejohnb HB User
Re: Will someone help interpret these MRI findings?

Joanna;
After being ground into the pavement by the car. I suffered a broken collarbone. That was all the ER Dr. looked for. So 9 weeks in a sling, the pain Dr. says time for PT. I did the .5 hour of PT complaining of pain the wholw time. They said "You shouldn't have pain"! Well, the pain Dr. sent me to a real savvy Ortho. He does work for the pro teams down here.
I had a stand up mri of my shoulder. Hey, a tear in my rotator!
Ortho said it wasn't very long, but he offered 2 options!
1. Never be able to put my right hand above my head, or behind my back. Thats tuff on the fishing. Expect the tear to continue, with any physical activity.
2. Have the surgery that takes roughly 2 hours from start to finish. Wear the immobiliser for a couple weeks, sling for another 6. Then go fishing or kayaking again. After the PT of course.
Boy the pain was horrible till I had the surgery.
20/20 hindsight? I wish that the ER Dr. wasn't so interested in where he was having lunch the day I was there.
Icejohnb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread