It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2007, 07:52 AM   #1
(female)

TruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB User
Etodolac

does anyone know what I could eat to keep from getting sick.my dr has put me on a few kinds of meds like this and I eat before I take it and I still get sick..I'm despertly wanting something to work for me..I didn't know artritis in the c spine could cause so much pain...I'm in pain 24/7 it's really taking a toll on me..

Old 01-19-2007, 08:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SKZ HB User
Re: Etodolac

I tried several NSAIDS, including the one you mentioned. They ALL made my stomach hurt alot. I finally got on Celebrex, which was a large fight with my insurance company. It didnt hurt my stomach anywhere close to the traditional ones, plus it helped the pain more. I had BAD arthritis in my neck, before my surgery on Jan. 10th. Who knows what its like now? It feels better, is all I know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2007, 06:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

just an FYI here.i don't know if this would work for this particular med or not butif it is indeed an NSAID,it probably would.its called 'cytotec"?many years ago when i had to be on high amounts of advil for about three months,i had horrible stomach issues.constant aches and the burning was just killing me.my neurologist at the time Rxed this med for me to take along with every dose i took of the advil. and amazingly,it worked.

cytotec was actually made just for this reason.to take along with NSAIDS to prevent ulcers and stop the burning.i would highly reccomend speaking to the Rxing doc about also Rxing the cytotec.god it litterally saved my poor stomach from probably getting an ulcer and stopped that horrid burning.NSAIDS are just very very hard on your stomach.this med was wonderful and made me a much much happier patient.you really need to at least give it a try.you will be amazed at the overall difference in just how your stomach will feel when you take that regular dose of your particular NSAID.good luck,let me know if you try this, i will be curious to see how it works for you.hopefully you would get the same results as i did.Marcia

Old 01-22-2007, 07:21 AM   #4
(female)

TruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB User

Marcia thanks I will ask my dr when I go back to see him and see if he will give it to me and I'll let you know how it works.I'm willing to try anything thanks so much...Beth

Old 01-22-2007, 04:00 PM   #5
(female)

ms.titanium HB User

My gastro doctor gave me Sucralfate to take before meals and pills. I think it will coat your stomach somehow. It seems to help but does take a RX. It sems like once you burn your stomach out it stays that way.

Closed Thread