HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Spinal Cord Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/spinal-cord-disorders/)
-   -   Surgery 7 Weeks Ago - Feel Good (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/spinal-cord-disorders/463891-surgery-7-weeks-ago-feel-good.html)

Melindafm 01-19-2007 08:11 AM

Surgery 7 Weeks Ago - Feel Good

Yea, I am seven weeks out from surgery and today is the first day that I feel almost normal. I still have muscle twinges but the surgery aches are almost gone. I am still having alot of nerve firing up the back of my neck/head. Last night my left ear (one over surgery site) was on fire, hot and red. Think it was just the nerves. At the end of the day I am tired so that probably contributes also. But I feel great this morning. Maybe the seven to eight week mark is the real turning point. I know I have been having more better days than bad days. I have actually slept relatively good for the past 2 nights. For all about to undergo the surgery or just had within past few weeks.... IT DOES GET BETTER and you will feel oh so much better than presurgery.

SKZ 01-19-2007 08:26 AM

Re: Surgery 7 Weeks Ago - Feel Good

I am only 9 days out and I feel better than I did before my surgery. Even though I have muscle spasms (which I had before... and now have mostly in between my shoulder blades, which I see is very common), The main pain that I had on my left side, which was wrecking my life seems to be gone, thank God. Whatever that pain was, either a pinched nerve or bone spur (most likely) went poof and I am forever grateful that it did. I also used to have bad pain in the back of my neck, which seems to be gone now, too. I dont want to jump the gun. I just am praying that's a good sign. Now I just feel the healing part of the incision (not bad) and the muscular spasms.

quilter58 01-19-2007 07:45 PM

:wave: Glad to hear you both are feeling good...........Are either one of you having problems with stairs........I can't remember if either one of you used your own bone.......if so .......how is that surgery site feeling..........

SKZ.....I feel bad that you have been alone so much.......When you feel bad, being alone is not good........maybe being not bothered but not completely alone..........I truly have thought of all of you that are recovering from surgery everyday............I get to the puter and I wonder.." How is everyone today?"........this board is a nice diversion for a little while , knowing that there are people who can indentify with you........

Hang in there.....I hope both of you have your spirits lifted tomorow........

Melindafm 01-20-2007 07:25 AM

quilter58,

Thank you for your sweet post. I have donor bone and I pray for the person and family who so graciously gave me this bone. I do have steep steps to get into my house but once inside I have no stairs. It must be very difficult to get up and down stairs if you used your own bone. The good thing is it probably really helps keep your strength up. Best to all on this beautiful Saturday (the sun is shining bright with perfect temperature today in Florida).

SKZ 01-20-2007 09:31 AM

Quilter:
Thanks for the empathy. My spirits are MUCH lifted because my daughter came over yesterday and spent several hours here. She is a riot, so that make me feel really good. She also brought me some staples in case I run out. Then she baked some stuff that she had to bring to a dinner party last night, which made my house smell really awesome and warm fuzzy feeling. She left me a ton of these oatmeal bars, which are full of butter and I am trying not to eat like a pig.
My son is coming over and sleeping over tonight, so i am all happy again. Seriously, though.,...the steroids really mess me up emotionally. They always have and they always will. I act like I am an idiot on them.