It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
(female)

quilter58 HB User
Red face A Little Hospital Advice

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONTTAKE CARE OF YOURSELF......others won't always be there,,,,take the help when offered......... BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE IN THE HOSPITAL.....DON'T BE AFRAID TO SPEAK UP...ASK QUESTIONS......OR EXPECT BETTER CARE........I take ANTIBACTERIAL wipes and lysol spray with me to the hospital because - HOSPITAL ROOMS ARE NOT ALWAYS CLEANED REALLY WELL....Wipe the bed rails down, light switches, faucet handles, bed table, nurse light, tv remote, do this yourself,,,,,,,,paranoid sounding , Maybe but....We have found dried blood left in the hospital rooms.......I INSIST ON ANY CARE WORKER TO HAVE ON GLOVES AND FOR THEM TO WASH THEIR HANDS BEFORE THEY LEAVE THE ROOM........AND MAKE THEM CHECK YOUR ARM BAND BEFORE GIVING YOU MEDS AND ASK WHAT THEY ARE GIVING YOU IN YOUR IV..!!!!!! ALL HOSPITAL WORKERS ARE HUMAN,,,,,,,,MISTAKES HAPPEN...TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR CARE.......DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK QUESTIONS ........REMEMBER THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR HEALTH & CARE........DON'T ASSUME EVERY WORKER IS QUALIFIED......There are some unqualifed people out there in the health care profession..

I don't want to scare anyone but there are more germs in the hospital than at home........USE COMMON SENSE ........if somthing doesn't sound right....ASK........my mother was about to be given something intended for someone else in her IV until she asked and the nurse realized she was not the intended patient.........Good Blessings to all........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread