It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
(female)

bdancer HB User
hi all

I am sitting here waiting to leave for the hospital and boy am I hungry!! Wonder if I'll lose any weight?? I doubt it... It takes more than a few days starvation to get rid of these hips, more like a sand blaster..my brother told me last night to ask the doctor to do a tummy tuck while I was in there!! I was NOT amused!! Although maybe a little chin tuck since he will be in that general area LOL!! I am jealous of all you morning surgeries it isn't fun waiting all day!! well I am going to sign off now I'll be back in a couple of days to give you all the details.... bdancer (jean) PS skz have you thought about that cruise yet/?? I will be dreaming about it while I am under!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2007, 08:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SKZ HB User
Re: hi all

First I need to work and make some money for a new concept! hah.
Good Luck. It will be fine!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
(female)

deannette1 HB User

Hi ,

Hope everything went well. I'm 7 weeks post op and let me tell you I thought I was going to lose weight but i was fooled. I had difficulty swallowing the first couple of weeks but it didnt stop the pounds from adding. I've gained 5 pounds but I guess you can contribute it to the fact that u can't really move around. Good luck.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:30 PM   #4
(male)

icejohnb HB User

Now, is not the time to worry about tummy tucks, weight, etc!
I will have a new diet book coming out later this year! Icejohnb's anxiety and stress diet.
I gainned 10#s the first couple weeks after surgery. I've taken them off in the last 2 months.
I did want the Neuro to do something about my "turkey neck" tho. He told me "sure don't worry about it!"
When I woke up and we put the Aspen on. I looked in the mirror saw the "Turkey". "Doc what happened?" "Oh, I knew there was something I was forgetting."
Big picture, my neck feels so much better. Trivia file "turkey" makes me hurry up shaving.
Later,
Ice

Closed Thread