It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
(female)

Qtant36 HB User
Has anyone heard of LaserSpine Institute?

Just curious if anyone has heard of this place in Tampa, Florida? If anyone has gone there or had a similiar operation without fusion for disc protrusion at C5/C6, and spinal stenosis?

Old 01-26-2007, 09:16 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

PNo HB User
Re: Has anyone heard of LaserSpine Institute?

Hi, there is someone here on the board who comes on infrequently that has used this place. Hopefully they will see your post and can share their results. I can't remember who it is, but I do remember that person had a good result but is still within his first year of recovery.

You might try searching through the board archives and you might try the Back Board archives as well to find info.

I have heard minimally invasive procedures work really well if your only problem is from disc protrusions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2007, 09:30 AM   #3
(male)

icejohnb HB User

Yes,
Living in Tampa its hard not to hear of the Laser Spine Institute. I believe there is a member of this board who has had it done.
While I was doing my 2nd and 3rd opinions on my neck. I asked the Neuros about the Bonnati(sp) Spine Institute. 2 of the Neuros said that I had too much damage(trauma) to my discs. They were close to being vertabrae on vertibrae.
Since, this was the result of a "negligent" driver. My trial lawyers said it would be a waste of my time. Just like the streching machines some people consider it voodoo medicine.
Since this is YOUR NECK, you should consider every avenue of treatment.
I did, the 1st 2 Neuros said file for disability live with your pain. End your active lifestyle.
I went on till I found the answer I wanted. That was the 3rd Neuro. He told me after the surgery, and if I do things correctly. I will be 90% after a year.
Good Luck!
Ice

Old 01-26-2007, 10:41 AM   #4
(female)

Qtant36 HB User

Neckpatient and Ice--Thank you so much for your advise....How are the both of you doing? What exactly did you have done? How are you feeling?

Old 01-26-2007, 12:35 PM   #5
(male)

icejohnb HB User

How do I feel 13 weeks after surgery?
Well, as long as I don't continue the fridge moving with my neck. Its different each day.
Mostly its far better than it was prior to the surgery. At this point I know when the weather is going to change. If a big weather front comes thru, its tough to get outta bed. If I walk over 2 miles in one afternoon, its tough to get outta bed.
If I don't push, get up have a nice hot shower, act responsibly. I feel as good as I did when I was in my 20's.
Everyday I can feel a little more strength flowing into my neck, back, shoulders. As I said in a previous post. "Its actually very amazing".
In the end! I wish I would've had this done 18 months ago!
The Neuros staff is just the greatest. Actually all the Drs. that I have seen since the "negligent" driver ground me into the pavement have been outstanding.
Ice

Old 01-26-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
(male)

bw67 HB User

I may be the person people are thinking had something done at LSI. I had minimally invasive surgery on my neck- C5-6 and C6-7 back in August, but I didn't use LSI.

I contacted LSI during my research, and at the time I was told that they didn't take my insurance, so it was going to be really expensive. I've received random emails from them indicating they now have financing arrangements in place, but it's a moot point since I already had the procedure done elsewhere.

I had my surgery at Advanced Orthopadics of South Florida, by Dr. Merrill Reuter in Lake Worth Florida. He and the facility were considered IN Network with my health plan.

Check out my post- NON FUSION OPTION

good luck

BW

Old 01-28-2007, 10:26 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

PNo HB User

Hi - I had 2 acdf's. One for C4-6 and a second a year later for c6-7. I am always glad that I addressed my problems. This has been going on since 2004. I am better off than prior to surgeries, but I am not fully recovered and have had a lifestyle change. If I had not done any surgeries the amount of pain medicine that I would be taking would make me non-functional. I face another future surgical intervention that I am postponing as long as possible. What started my case was a severe nerve root compression with off the chart pain with a reversal of the curve of my spine from sponylosis slippage, the disc hernations were secondary. I still have ongoing DDD and osteophyte growth that is causing problems with my facets and congenital stenosis. Thank god, I have had no long term neurological damage, other than nerve pain.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:25 PM   #8
(male)

Kibbyindallas HB User

I was interested in getting my surgery done at the Laser Spine Intitute. My condition is Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. I have Blue Cross PPO insurance, the Laser Spine Intitute does not accept that insurance. With the terms of the my insurance I would need to pay $20,000 out of pocket before the insurance coverage starts, and then Blue Cross would pay 80%. The contact at the Laser Spine Intitute stated that the typical cost would be between $65,000-$80,000. Needless to say I am looking for an alternative.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:39 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

dlh HB User

I am not sure if this is the place my dad went...........or if it was Bonatti (spelling????) Anyway it was in the Tampa, New Port Richie area. He flew down from Toledo 10 years ago...........may have been 8 years, its been along time. It was expensive even then, he had a hefty co pay...........which was reduced becuase a family member worked there and got him a deal.........if 10 grand is a deal........LOL! BUT he would do it again if he had to. He is a retired trucker...........was in a bad place with his back. Cant tell you which disk but the man couldnt move. The day after surgery he was walking slowly around his hotel room. He still has no problems with the disk he had done. Best of luck to you!!!

Last edited by dlh; 06-26-2007 at 08:40 AM.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:33 PM   #10
(male)

bw67 HB User

I would consider Dr. Merrill Reuter at Advanced Orthopaedics of South Florida. They took my insurance, where Laser Spine did not. They're about 10 minutes south of West Palm Beach.

I don't get to come on this site like I used to, we've got two little boys that keep me pretty busy. But I have made several posts about my success with a minimally invasive procedure that would give you a lot more details.

Still Loving Non Fusion, and Non Fusion Option or Update are two of my posts that come to mind.

I had my surgery in August of last year- repair of herniations at C5/6 and
C6/7. I have virtually no scar whatsoever, and nearly a year later I am still doing well. I get a good neck/shoulder massage about once a month, and every now and then I have to ice down my neck if I overdo, but that's about it. I'm on no meds aside from a random advil or two...

Every condition is different, but Dr. Reuter definitely helped me, and I am very glad that I chose to hold off on fusion and tried an alternate route...

Best of Luck

BW

Closed Thread