It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
(male)

cmatthews1326 HB User
Are you happy you did it???

I had c5-6 surgery a year ago. I had a lot of pain at the time and lost my entire tricep muscle. I could only lift 5lbs above my head 2 times. The doc said that the surgery was necessary due to the fact I might not get the weakness back. I felt great after the surgery until now. I am starting to have some residual pain. I am experiencing radicular arm pain now. I am now regretting having the surgery and wish I would have waited a little longer to see if I could have gotten my strenght back. To all of you out there, are you glad you did it or do you wish you would have waited?

Old 01-26-2007, 09:39 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: Are you happy you did it???

I am so glad I did it. The nerve pain was unbearable. It took until about the fourth month post-op before I really began to feel like myself again. I still have twitches of pain here and there - but it's much better than what I had pre-surgically.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
(female)

monarog HB User
Re: Are you happy you did it???

I have not had surgery, bad c6-7. I am now having so many body wide problems, I feel absolutely horrible. I am still trying to get docs to determine what is causing all of this as I haven't convinced them it's my neck. But since my rupture in Sept. '05 - I just have never recovered, never been without horrible pain and now have so many neuro symptoms I won't even begin to list. If I could go under the knife tomorrow, I would. I am at a point now where I can't imagine being any worse than I am right now. I am majorly messed up. I am going to the Mayo in one week to see if anyone can help me get this figured out. So...I guess it's just so different for everyone. Also, many people who are happy they did it are probably off enjoying their lives and not spending time posting on this board. It's great to hear from those success stories who do post as I really think it gives others hope and courage when they're looking at surgery. Good Luck. CMatthews...I hope you start feeling better - sorry for your worsening symptoms.

Closed Thread