It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2007, 12:56 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SKZ HB User
How soon after ACDF did you start P.T.?

I would be interested in hearing when you all started P.T. post op? Also what kinds of things did you do in P.T. post op and what kind of home program you do? Thanks all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2007, 07:01 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: How soon after ACDF did you start P.T.?

I didn't have any PT. I was in the Aspen Brace for 6 weeks and then once that was removed I was told to be careful but I would eventually gain all of the range of motion that was possible. It took about 4 months for me to no longer notice myself "stiff turning" my neck and gradually I got better all due to be cautious with everyday activities.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2007, 06:49 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sunshine221 HB User

I insisted on PT. The first PT was clueless about neuro surgeries. Went to a McKenzie certified PT who was great - he knew the right exercises for the neck, etc. I insisted because I felt I needed a "professional" to make sure I was moving my body correctly, etc.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:26 AM   #4
(female)

bdancer HB User

I just had PT home health consult I am going to work on left leg strengthening esp dorsiflexion and relaxing my trapezius which is constantly in a knot! I am going to use just a few sessions so it doesn't interfere with my strengthening program in a few weeks... feeling somuch better I am graduallly taking down the pain meds...but my hip (where they took the marrow) is hurting cause I keep turning on that side at night... right now I can see that I WILL get better and I am encouraged.. no nerve pain at all just a little coldness... good luck to all... I also had reverse lordosis because of c5-6 and know that tightness feeling that is sooo gone now! MY curves are back LOL! now I just have to watch that I don't do too much when the pain subsides that will be the new challenge...bdancer

Closed Thread