It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2007, 06:18 PM   #1
(male)

badbac/pain HB User
Unhappy facet block injections

I just had a facet block injection in several disc today. the doc said that i should feel immediate relief. i didnt so now what?do i keep getting the injections or what.has anybody out there ever had these injections and did they get any relief right away.some body please respond.:

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2007, 06:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SKZ HB User
Re: facet block injections

I have had a bunch of the facet injections. They ARE supposed to work immediately. Mine hardly worked because I had both facet joint degeneration AND disk degeneration. So my joints might have felt better, but the disks still killed me. Its very hard to isolate what is causing the pain, exactly. I ended up getting a fusion on Jan. 10th, and my joints AND disks feel alot better now. (so far). Have you tried steroid epidurals in your disks? That is the usual injection for the disk area.The facet injections dont go into the disks, just the joints. Many time if you have disk degeneration, then the facet joints have it, too because they end up carrying most of the load because the disks cant handle it anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2007, 04:46 AM   #3
(male)

badbac/pain HB User
Cool Re: facet block injections

skz,hi and thanks for reply.i did have one esi about two months ago and then my ortho doc told me that a facet block inject would help.I too have degenerated disc at L4-L5 and also at S1 levels.Im hoping with these injections that i can soon be able to do some kind of physical therapy.thanks again for reply skz

Old 03-15-2007, 01:44 PM   #4
(female)

gordo24 HB User
Re: facet block injections

I am new to this board but your disk disease sounds just like mine. How do you deal with it daily?

Get tired of taking pain medication all the time but that is the only way I can function daily. Have a followup appt. with my neurosurgeon on Monday to see what my test results are from my bone scan, mri of pelvis and hip and exrays of the pelvic and hip

Closed Thread