It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2007, 10:29 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

julyg HB Userjulyg HB User
post surgery new hand numbness & Lyrica?

Had my 2 level acdf in Oct.
The last week I have been having new numbness in arms and both hands spoke to Nuero's office and they said new surgery takes time blah blah. I never had this feeling this bad pre-surgery I had intermitten "tinglin" in one arm and one finger ...now its in two arms and 2 hands AGGGHHHH!

Spoke to primary care and the have given rx for lyrica.

Am interested if anyone else has had this difficulty post surgery and anyone with experience with this drug....did it help?

thanks
July

Old 02-06-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
(female)

ShepherdLady HB User
Re: post surgery new hand numbness & Lyrica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by julyg View Post
Had my 2 level acdf in Oct.
The last week I have been having new numbness in arms and both hands spoke to Nuero's office and they said new surgery takes time blah blah. I never had this feeling this bad pre-surgery I had intermitten "tinglin" in one arm and one finger ...now its in two arms and 2 hands AGGGHHHH!

Spoke to primary care and the have given rx for lyrica.

Am interested if anyone else has had this difficulty post surgery and anyone with experience with this drug....did it help?

thanks
July
Sorry you're having more problems. Hopefully it will stop soon.

I have no personal experience with Lyrica but did have a friend that uses it with good results and have read others using it in different forums that do well on it as well.

I have also read a few that they couldn't handle the side effects of it. One that stands out in my mind is dizziness. But with continued use, that dissipates with most people.

I hope it works for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread