It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2007, 08:36 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

SKZ HB User
Re: For those that had recent acdf surgery

Well, if it makes you feel any better.....its snowing here in Denver, too! AGAIN

Old 02-13-2007, 02:46 PM   #17
(male)

icejohnb HB User

Oh you chickens!
It was 72 here today, walked around the mall. Sat thru "Hannibal Rising". Walked to the store! It rained a little. Caught the bus, and now I'm surfing! The web that is! Will walk to Jims on the morn.
I did take it easy for a couple days after the 5.2 mile walk. I didn't want to but the bod said too!
Later,
Ice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2007, 10:21 AM   #18
(female)

bdancer HB User

Hi all

hmmm why is your name ice when you live in tampa??? It has been sleeting for over 12 hours now.. on top of about 5 inches of snow they say snow will come back this evening and we'll get another 8 inches or so...I am having a better day than yesterday... don't know what happened to me.. it is like I had an anxiety attack or something... could be cabin fever.. but things are different physically I now have that stiffness that everyone was talking about... my hips, legs etc are so sore and stiff... I totally freaked yesterday and called doctors office and told nurse I was sure my hard ware was out and I had screws in my esophagus.. she told me to take some pain meds (haven't taken any for days) and make sure I was getting rest (which I haven't been)...I have been feeling so good that I was totally surprised when I started having some slight pain and stuck pill sensation.. nurse told me that this is pretty common around 3-5 weeks .. people feel better start over doing it.. eating hard foods, not drinking enough ice water,, start slowly violating restrictions then have anxiety attacks when they get symptoms.. sounded eerily familiar!! LOL stay warm everyone.. jean

Old 02-14-2007, 09:32 PM   #19
(female)

quilter58 HB User

bdancer I can relate .........I only had that stuck pill sensation during the first few days....never had neck incision hurt , now at 3 weeks my throat feels funny and the incision hurts ......if it itched I would know it is just healing but it kinda hurts.......don't know ...........days I feel great and then BAM....i don't feel so good for a day or so ........

My hip feels great.......the incision where they took the bone looks good, slight swelling still, walking really good now, and no problems with stairs,,,,,,,,,the first week was tricky on walking and stairs but no probs now.....A person really does have to remind themselves what the body has been through.......think about the size of retractors holding open your neck , no wonder you can hurt....OUR BODIES NEED TIME TO HEAL.....HEAL........FUSE.....HEAL.....D ON'T OVER DO IT , EVEN IF YOU FEEL GOOD.......take this time to pamper your body.......

Old 02-15-2007, 08:00 AM   #20
(female)

badbackpeg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdancer View Post
Hi all

hmmm why is your name ice when you live in tampa??? It has been sleeting for over 12 hours now.. on top of about 5 inches of snow they say snow will come back this evening and we'll get another 8 inches or so...I am having a better day than yesterday... don't know what happened to me.. it is like I had an anxiety attack or something... could be cabin fever.. but things are different physically I now have that stiffness that everyone was talking about... my hips, legs etc are so sore and stiff... I totally freaked yesterday and called doctors office and told nurse I was sure my hard ware was out and I had screws in my esophagus.. she told me to take some pain meds (haven't taken any for days) and make sure I was getting rest (which I haven't been)...I have been feeling so good that I was totally surprised when I started having some slight pain and stuck pill sensation.. nurse told me that this is pretty common around 3-5 weeks .. people feel better start over doing it.. eating hard foods, not drinking enough ice water,, start slowly violating restrictions then have anxiety attacks when they get symptoms.. sounded eerily familiar!! LOL stay warm everyone.. jean
Jean,

I am 3 weeks post op. Remeber, I overdid at the mall a week ago, took me several days to get over that, now I am having alot of the symptoms I had before surgery, like you my legs and hips are sore, and stiff, i am having shoulder pain, and sore muscles in my arms, I hope this is temporary. I am freaked out over this. I havn't done anything against the rules since the mall incident.

Hope you are feeling better,

Peggy

Old 02-15-2007, 11:32 AM   #21
(female)

bdancer HB User

Yes!! Me too you guys I am having symptoms now that I haven't had since before surgery and I am getting really freaked too Although I am feeling much better today I have to admit it.. stuck pill feeling is gone..body pains much better than yesterday but I swear yesterday was exactly like pre-op feeling plus my hips are killing me which I think is coming from me sleeping on my sides on the wedge all of my weight is going on my hips and with taking vicodin at night I can stay in the same position for hours which is not natural. last night I took a muscle relaxer which I haven't taken for two weeks!! and I feel much better today I just feel like i want to do some of my yoga stretches soooo bad.. but I know I can't I feel like it would relieve some of this stiffness... well I don't think I am overdoing it.. I am actually being pretty good for me I promised my dh I wouldn't muck things up and have to have things repeated I just want to get better and back to normal.. exercise etc.. I think even though I walk around the house and do stairs a couple times a day I am getting really out of shape!!! well at least now everyone else around here is getting cabin fever right along with me!! keep warm everyone...PS my incision site is sore now too...less numb but more sore..

Closed Thread