It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #1
(male)

fusion77 HB User
er doc cant read films........

well remember when i told you guys about the severe throbbing in my back, and the feeling in my gut like i have to go number 2 well i went to the er do to the fact that my legs are and were very weak and the throbbing i felt in my back i felt in my stomack and legs just the stomache was a different type of throbbing... well the er doc asks whats the problem i told him just what im telling you and he doesnt examine me at all no physical contact. he then calls my ortho who did my fusion a year ago and tells him that i have no weakness, my reflexes are good and the films are good... i felt like giving him a piece of my mind.. well he sent me home with a script for percs. he also did a ct on lumbar spine even thogh my symptoms say thoracic... i left and went back to a different er 2 days later. this doc examines me and looks at my films like he is looking real hard for something.... i tell him the same thing... he says have you s--t or p----d yourself??? i said no he says well just follow up with your doctor. i ask so you feel the mris are normal and everything is on the up and up???? he says oh I CANT READ MRIS... i swear i couldnt believe my ears i never heard that a doctor especially an er doc cant read films.. is that crazy or what..

Old 02-13-2007, 04:34 PM   #2
(male)

icejohnb HB User
Re: er doc cant read films........

Hey,
After being ground into the pavement on my bicycle by an SUV. The ER Doc only took a picture of my shoulder!
He was more concerned with where to eat lunch! I don't remember where or what he decided on. I was in screaming pain. Then ,they didn't give me any pain meds in the ER. He did write me a script tho!
Nice Guy!
Ice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2007, 10:26 AM   #3
(female)

bdancer HB User
Re: er doc cant read films........

Er doc sent me home after car accident with cervical spine that had clearyly herniated (xrays showed c5-6 slipped and tipped the wrong way even I could see that!!) didn't even call in ortho or anything... I called the ortho the next day myself cause I KNEW something wasn't right.. don't rely on them they are there only to stabilize and pass on patients...

Closed Thread