It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
(male)

bob175 HB User
Kyphotic Deformity!!!

Hi All, I'm new to this message board and was wondering if anyone on here have Kyphotic Deformity at C4,C5 and C6 Level,because I have this and was wondering if anyone has this to because I was told if I have another bad fall or get into a car accident it could shift the other way and damage my spinal cord and I could end up paralyze from the neck down.I was just wondering if anyone of you's was told the same from your doctor.Any help would be greatly appreciate,I just like to know if this is true or not.

Thank You,
Bob

Old 02-24-2007, 08:29 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

PNo HB User
Re: Kyphotic Deformity!!!

Hi - I do not have kyphosis, but did have something similar: a reversal of my curve of cervical spine. What you were told about accidents etc, is something that quite a number of us have heard. They grade these things, and you probably were given a percent kyphosis or something. If it is really bad your risks are higher for permanent damage if you did have an accident etc. they say , but I have been around here 2 years and haven't heard from anyone that actually came on and said that happened to them. But would you want to be the first

There are lots of people here who have had many types of surgeries, what correction did they recommend to you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2007, 03:49 PM   #3
(male)

bob175 HB User

Hi Neckpatient, Thank You for your Reply and the correction
they recommend me to have was a Fusion with plate and screws,but I don't know how they would this fusion,because my cervical spine is so out of alignment they would have to break my spine and reline it.

Here's my Angle Measurements:

OCCIPUT Angle= 30.8 DEGREES

George's Line is Abnormal at C2-3,C4-5,and C5-6 in the neutral lateral view.

JACKSON'S ANGLE=11.0 DEGREES

ATLAS/SKULL ANGLE=8.4 DEGREES

VERTEBRAL BASELINES WERE ABNORMALLY DIVERGENT.

ATLAS ANGLE=22.4 DEGREES

ATLAS/AXIS ANGLE=25.5 DEGREES

MOTION SEGMENT INTEGRITY,TRANSLATION IS ABNORMAL AT C2=2.2mm, C3=2.0mm, C4=3.1mm and C5=2.1mm

Neckpatient do you know anything about Angles because I don't know if these Angles are in normal or Abnormal Range!!!! Thank you again for your help!!

Bob

Old 02-24-2007, 04:07 PM   #4
(female)

bdancer HB User

Dear bob

I see you are from NYC can I ask who/where you went?? you may want to get a second opinion I went to HSS DR. Cammissa.. and am very happy as a result... I am not sure of what the normal angles are for the cervical spine.. there is a wide variety of normal but for sure if your curve is headed backward it doesn't sound like it will get better on its own...although I know strengthening the posterior muscles can help.. have you tried PT?? Seek opinions before you rush in to surgery... most of us have done well with the surgery but I won't lie to you it is major surgery and I wouldn't rush in to it without doing investigating first

Closed Thread