It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007, 11:42 AM   #1
(male)

icejohnb HB User
4 months later back in the Miami!

Wow,
I woke up one day last week in the most incredible pain! Almost like pre-surgery! Called the Neuro, he was confused! Shouldn't be happening... More good drugs, and started me on PT! Well, massage, heat, and electro-shock!
PT. Doc says there is something else going on! No S@#$.
The Neuro says where the collar for the next 2 weeks, while you are moving about. Maybe you just need a little stabalization! I hope.
Any thoughts from this very qualified group?
Ice

Old 02-26-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

julyg HB Userjulyg HB User
Re: 4 months later back in the Miami!

I am also 4 months post op and I now have tingling in both my hands and fingers..prior to surgery just had tingling in left finger.

Called NS and they said your nerves may be settling we will wait and see...
excuse me? seems like something is wrong here. I have taken it very easy, not lifting etc and still logrolling gettin out of bed.

This whole recovery process is muchworse than i ever thought!

july

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2007, 03:35 PM   #3
(female)

bdancer HB User

Ice

IN your last Xray how much fusing did you have?? Was there plenty of open spaces for the lateral nerves?? If so.. then hopefully maybe you just have a muscle spasm?? Do you have any shooting or tingling sensations?? Good luck! Also good luck to you July hope you can get it checked out soon bdancer

Old 02-26-2007, 05:09 PM   #4
(male)

icejohnb HB User

Hello again,
The Neuro at three months said I was at like 80% fused. His 1st thought was that I did something in my sleep. My pain was from the mid back up to my skull. I was having such a hard time sleeping. I ordered Consumer reports highest rated bed toppers, Thinking a change might do me good. I mentioned that maybe, that was the problem! The Neuro who actually called me himself twice(what a sweetheart this guy is). Said no, that was a good thing. Then he asked if I ordered the pillow to go with it? I said no. He said that was a bad thing! So, I got the therapeutic pillow. I notice that I don't spin as much in bed with the new pillow.
The Neuro also said that the most repairs he's done were caused by sleeeping. Who'd a thunk it? Now, the collar to stabalize.
Well, we shall see what the next few nights bring?
Thanks for the words, and support!
Ice

Old 02-27-2007, 05:55 AM   #5
(female)

Qtant36 HB User

JulyG---I believe you saw Dr. Bingaman at the Cleveland Clinic? I just saw him on Friday and considering letting him do my surgery of C5/6. Would you go back to him even though you have had all of these problems? My problem is that they don't know if my neck is causing my leg problem or if it is MS...I just got dx with MS on Friday at the Cleveland Clinic. The NS said there is no guarantee that having the surgery will take away my symptoms because it may be MS related. I am lost as to what to do. If I don't have the surgery now then it will be hard to figure out what is the neck and what is MS. All the NS said that I need this surgery. Dr. Bingaman stated that I could wait, but that eventually I would need it. Don't know what to do. I know that there are relatively only a few of you on this website that are having out of the norm problems, but it is enough to scare me away from this surgery. Any advice?

Old 02-27-2007, 07:32 AM   #6
(female)

bdancer HB User

Wow Ice can you believe that sleep can be that dangerous?? I knew I was a bad sleeper (I normally sleep on my stomach) so I wore my Aspen to bed for four weeks...but boy does it dig on the back of my head!! Now I have become more accustomed to sleeping on my side and somewhat on my back but I still catch myself trying to flip over on my stomach (which would mean my head would have to be turned all the way to the side) but so far I wake up then go back on to my side!! And I have to admit I still take a vicodin at night.... because it helps me to sleep.. but I'll have to stop that habit by next week...bdancer

Old 02-27-2007, 08:59 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

PNo HB User

icejohn - if you are doing lots of computer - stop it. cut back as much as you can and see if you improve.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:07 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

julyg HB Userjulyg HB User

He was not my Dr. Again you must do your home work. I am now more symptomatic post-surgery so i am a bad one to ask. Going for another
vocal cord surgery soon and my arms and hands have numbness and tingling. I only had intermitten tingling prior to surgery on one finger. Neck spasms are much better though.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:29 PM   #9
(female)

Qtant36 HB User

July,,Thank you for getting back to me on my post. I really do appreciate it. I am so sorry for everything you are going through...I do feel your pain...I was dx with MS and having a hard time coming to grips with it. I will say a prayer for you for a quicker recovery. Hang in there.....

Closed Thread